2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

I just received the new logo sheets for the NHL today and noticed a bunch of changes that I thought I would share with all of you. I will not post any pictures because I'm not sure if any of these have been released yet.

First of all, Boston, St. Louis, Nashville, and Florida have all changed to the same yellow Pantone color. The sharks also changed their teal. I think that is all for color changes.

Now for the more exciting stuff...

Boston: new wordmark in the same font as the B in the primary logo.

San Jose: Added a secondary logo with the letters SJ and the old unused shark fin logo from last year at the bottom.

Phoenix: Pretty much all new logos except for the primary, including a new full body coyote as a secondary.

Buffalo: Added a slightly redesigned version of the classic logo with the new navy blue.

EDIT: I looked at the two logos more closely together and it is pretty much the same with a Very minor tweak in the sword handle, and the addition of silver outlines around everything. It also has the red eye.

Vancouver: Added the Johnny Canuck logo with his head in the V back to their identity.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, okay.

And this misinformation needed its own thread too?

Misinformation? Are you serious? I have the official logosheets right in front of me. I wouldn't be so quick to call me out if I were you.

Habsfan1: You are correct but unfortunately they have not released any of those sheets yet. I am sure they will come soon.

It's official, I have NO life enjoying you all jackal-pounce poor Asm2931, just home from school & wants to show us all his NEATO buncha pro hockey dealios. Wants to show his e-pals his toys & he gets a bloody nose. Tough audience. This oughta be GOOD . . . :argue:

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Sorry guys, if ColorWerx vouches for him, I'd say he's right. He knows (and I would dare say is good friends with) people most of us would give our eye teeth for as the saying goes, and is nothing but top notch as far as his ethics and credibility.

That said, I'm really interested to see what was done with Buffalo, and I think it really ties things together when teams use the font from their jersey names for a wordmark.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

It's official, I have NO life enjoying you all jackal-pounce poor Asm2931, just home from school & wants to show us all his NEATO buncha pro hockey dealios. Wants to show his e-pals his toys & he gets a bloody nose. Tough audience. This oughta be GOOD . . . :argue:

pancakebunny.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

:banned:

It might happen......

I just received the new logo sheets for the NHL today and noticed a bunch of changes that I thought I would share with all of you. I will not post any pictures because I'm not sure if any of these have been released yet.

First of all, Boston, St. Louis, Nashville, and Florida have all changed to the same yellow Pantone color. The sharks also changed their teal. I think that is all for color changes.

Now for the more exciting stuff...

Boston: new wordmark in the same font as their nameplates from last year.

San Jose: Added a secondary logo with the letters SJ and the old unused shark fin logo from last year at the bottom.

Phoenix: Pretty much all new logos except for the primary, including a new full body coyote as a secondary.

Buffalo: Added a slightly redesigned version of the classic logo with the new navy blue.

Vancouver: Added the Johnny Canuck logo with his head in the V back to their identity.

Ahh cool.... as for the official logo sheets.. do ya contact the NHL about that or are ya in an official position with the NHL to receive this kind of info via the logo sheets?? I might be interested but if it is limited to that, I do understand....do let me know if that is allowed or not...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Ahh cool.... as for the official logo sheets.. do ya contact the NHL about that or are ya in an official position with the NHL to receive this kind of info via the logo sheets?? I might be interested but if it is limited to that, I do understand....do let me know if that is allowed or not...

I'm sorry, but I am not in a position to distribute these..

I forgot to add that I am absolutely looking foward to Buffalo's new alternate. Especially the part that's bolded in the bottom quote...

There are no less than 15 concepts drawn and posted on this board or on other boards of something similar for Buffalo. So it will feel so good to finally have one that's real. AsM2931, I just hope that it's not a recolorization of the classic jersey, meaning I hope it's a little something more than making the royal blue navy. Here's to hoping that the real package is accurate to your description above.

I forgot to add that I am absolutely looking foward to Buffalo's new alternate. Especially the part that's bolded in the bottom quote...

There are no less than 15 concepts drawn and posted on this board or on other boards of something similar for Buffalo. So it will feel so good to finally have one that's real. AsM2931, I just hope that it's not a recolorization of the classic jersey, meaning I hope it's a little something more than making the royal blue navy. Here's to hoping that the real package is accurate to your description above.

From what the team said when they went to the slug, in year 2 of edge they were going to have a recolored version of the classic jersey with the same logo but in the new colors, so I'd say expect a recolo(u)r. But I don't have the inside scoop.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived