2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

Sorry guys, if ColorWerx vouches for him, I'd say he's right. He knows (and I would dare say is good friends with) people most of us would give our eye teeth for as the saying goes, and is nothing but top notch as far as his ethics and credibility.

Let me say this: AsM2931 has more inside NHL contacts than I do. By a LOT.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I can vogue for that as well. .

Strike a pose, there's nothing to it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

And I can vogue for that as well. .

Strike a pose, there's nothing to it.

Rita Hayworth gave good face.

Your man-card, as of now, has been suspended until further notice.

I can't wait to see the Coyotes new stuff.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I forgot to add that I am absolutely looking foward to Buffalo's new alternate. Especially the part that's bolded in the bottom quote...
Buffalo: Added a slightly redesigned version of the classic logo with the new navy blue.

There are no less than 15 concepts drawn and posted on this board or on other boards of something similar for Buffalo. So it will feel so good to finally have one that's real. AsM2931, I just hope that it's not a recolorization of the classic jersey, meaning I hope it's a little something more than making the royal blue navy. Here's to hoping that the real package is accurate to your description above.

From what the team said when they went to the slug, in year 2 of edge they were going to have a recolored version of the classic jersey with the same logo but in the new colors, so I'd say expect a recolo(u)r. But I don't have the inside scoop.

I remember hearing the exact same things as you a couple summers ago. We'll see if they can't completely screw this up too.

If the Sabres can (accidentally) get the traditional uniform right as an alternate, it should probably only be a couple more years until it's the primary. I think Buffalonians were only willing to spend their money on banana slug merchandise because the team was actually good.

Forgive me for spelling incorrectly, I just woke up! And trust me, dancing of any kind for yours truly, um NO!

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I just received the new logo sheets for the NHL today and noticed a bunch of changes that I thought I would share with all of you. I will not post any pictures because I'm not sure if any of these have been released yet.

First of all, Boston, St. Louis, Nashville, and Florida have all changed to the same yellow Pantone color. The sharks also changed their teal. I think that is all for color changes.

Now for the more exciting stuff...

Boston: new wordmark in the same font as their nameplates from last year.

San Jose: Added a secondary logo with the letters SJ and the old unused shark fin logo from last year at the bottom.

Phoenix: Pretty much all new logos except for the primary, including a new full body coyote as a secondary.

Buffalo: Added a slightly redesigned version of the classic logo with the new navy blue.

Vancouver: Added the Johnny Canuck logo with his head in the V back to their identity.

Damnnn, I gotta get my hands on those! The only sheet I have seen so far reveals which vintage jerseys RBK is producing for next season which isn't as exciting as this.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Ahh cool.... as for the official logo sheets.. do ya contact the NHL about that or are ya in an official position with the NHL to receive this kind of info via the logo sheets?? I might be interested but if it is limited to that, I do understand....do let me know if that is allowed or not...

I'm sorry, but I am not in a position to distribute these..

Ah understandable... it's no problem... hopefully we can see the official logo sheets that will be allowed to be shown completely in time.....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

do you have that sheet or is it the same rules as stated above?

I saw it, I don't have it. They REALLY cut down on what they are going to produce - from what I can remember there is about 10-12 in total. These are the ones I can remember:

Canucks flying skate in black

Leafs 1980's blue

Nordiques blue

Jets white 80's

Jets blue 90's

Colorado Rockies blue

NY Rangers 90's blue

Kings 80's yellow/purple

I can't remember the rest but I believe one was a Calgary and there was an Edmonton too. If I can remember the others I will add them but what was shocking is how some big sellers - early 90's Kings, 70's Canucks, 67 Leafs - are discontinued for the time being.

I am kind of disapointed that the selection is so minimal now compared to what it was only a few years ago where you could get either the darks or lights of any vintage jersey.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

i'm still dying for a real legit description of the stars alternate.

i've heard it's a green version of the whites, and i've heard it's a white version of the blacks.

and if it's indeed the latter (boooooo), does that mean it's only black and gold, with the only green being in the shoulder logo? or is it the same jersey as the white jersey (with green and gold stripes) only with arched DALLAS instead of the logo?

a white/black/gold DALLAS jersey would be awful. a white/green/gold DALLAS jersey would be meh... a green/gold/white logo'd jersey would be heaven.

also, if it's just white with DALLAS in black and gold, then what color is the outer outline? is it a gold DALLAS outlined in black? or is it a black DALLAS outlined in gold?

please just let the jersey be green. lol.

What color is the Yellow that these teams have switched to?

Any word on the Blues alts?

My guess (yes, I have the sheets now as well) is that Reebok is - as they like to do - "homogenizing" the color palette. They're changing all of the Yellows/Golds to the same one the Sabres are using. Not a big change - mostly a change to match the fabrics already being used, I think.

Archived