2008/2009 Changes in the NHL

AsM29

I looked at the two logos more closely together and it is pretty much the same with a Very minor tweak in the sword handle, and the addition of silver outlines around everything. It also has the red eye.

Good to hear about the red eye being back. Are the silver outlines subtle? If they're thick, they could make the whole logo look way too cluttered and stupid.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be at the leafs announcement if i dont have work.....ill bring a cam too to get us some pics (if its actually a jersey announcements....not something stupid like a new scoreboard)

I'll be at the leafs announcement if i dont have work.....ill bring a cam too to get us some pics (if its actually a jersey announcements....not something stupid like a new scoreboard)

I'm going to be there. I have heard that it might be:

- Introduction of Kaberle as new Captain

- Introduction of new players as a meet and greet - hence the limit on people

- Showing off the new alt or talking about it

If it turns out to be just a meet and greet I may just bolt, I have no interest in meeting Jeff Finger. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm going to be there. I have heard that it might be:

- Introduction of Kaberle as new Captain

- Introduction of new players as a meet and greet - hence the limit on people

- Showing off the new alt or talking about it

If it turns out to be just a meet and greet I may just bolt, I have no interest in meeting Jeff Finger. :P

who? :D

I looked at the two logos more closely together and it is pretty much the same with a Very minor tweak in the sword handle, and the addition of silver outlines around everything. It also has the red eye.

Good to hear about the red eye being back. Are the silver outlines subtle? If they're thick, they could make the whole logo look way too cluttered and stupid.

No, it looks fine..

AsM2931, thank you for filling us in on what may be the new changes for the teams you mentioned.

I'm especially looking forward to what's in store for the Phoenix Coyotes. In addition to the primary logo and Arizona state outlined secondary logo, I hope this new third one on a possible black third jersey is just as good, if not better.

Very curious to see the San Jose Sharks alternate jersey and their logos, plus the Buffalo Sabres alternate and how good it looks.

I think, for the Coyotes, that they might have the new full-body logo take a shape on like this - a coyote sitting down, howling. Just a guess.

BleueCoyoteLogoHowlingLeft.JPG

Had to do a double take...thought it was the new Timberwolves' secondary logo for a minute...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

AsM2931, thank you for filling us in on what may be the new changes for the teams you mentioned.

I'm especially looking forward to what's in store for the Phoenix Coyotes. In addition to the primary logo and Arizona state outlined secondary logo, I hope this new third one on a possible black third jersey is just as good, if not better.

Very curious to see the San Jose Sharks alternate jersey and their logos, plus the Buffalo Sabres alternate and how good it looks.

I am pretty sure that at this point these changes are confirmed changes, and not just speculation. I suppose that there could be a last minute change here or there, but for the most part this is what you are going to see.

Continuing my obsession with the Coyotes - I'm just wondering, ASM, if there is going to be uniform changes. The reason I ask is because I just got a RBK Edge jersey in April (Doan 19) and if they are changing the shoulder patch I might be a little upset if my jersey is obsolete. I really wasn't expecting any changes. I never even thought about it.

From Icethetics:

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/07/thi...sey-colors.html

Here's another item to file under unconfirmed third jersey rumors. I received an email from a reader who I assume works in a sporting goods store. He tells me he has an account with Reebok and that the company has apparently listed the colors for this season's new third jerseys ? no actual designs or logos, though.

I don't have any specific reason for not trusting it, but I get a lot of crazy emails. So like I always say, take it for what it is. Listed below are the "body colors" for this fall's new alternate sweaters.

Bruins:

black

Sabres:

navy

Blackhawks:

black

Stars:

white

Kings:

black

Senators:

black

Flyers:

"special" orange

Penguins:

sky blue

Blues:

navy

Sharks:

black

Lightning:

"royal"

Maple Leafs:

white

Canucks:

"royal"

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

From Icethetics:

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/2008/07/thi...sey-colors.html

Here's another item to file under unconfirmed third jersey rumors. I received an email from a reader who I assume works in a sporting goods store. He tells me he has an account with Reebok and that the company has apparently listed the colors for this season's new third jerseys ? no actual designs or logos, though.

I don't have any specific reason for not trusting it, but I get a lot of crazy emails. So like I always say, take it for what it is. Listed below are the "body colors" for this fall's new alternate sweaters.

Bruins:

black

Sabres:

navy

Blackhawks:

black

Stars:

white

Kings:

black

Senators:

black

Flyers:

"special" orange

Penguins:

sky blue

Blues:

navy

Sharks:

black

Lightning:

"royal"

Maple Leafs:

white

Canucks:

"royal"

So the Penguins are going with their throwbacks from the winter classic. We pretty much knew that. The color that excites me is the "royal" that the lightning are going to use. That team should've used blue jerseys since their inception. Why are the Kings going to add another black jersey and why aren't the stars going with a green third jersey?

PvO6ZWJ.png

So the Penguins are going with their throwbacks from the winter classic. We pretty much knew that. The color that excites me is the "royal" that the lightning are going to use. That team should've used blue jerseys since their inception. Why are the Kings going to add another black jersey and why aren't the stars going with a green third jersey?

from what i understand the stars are going with a white version of the current black jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

from what i understand the stars are going with a white version of the current black jersey.

It is going to be so ugly :cry:

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

It is going to be so ugly :cry:

it must be selling very well though.

Archived