Dollars in Photoshop

Waffles

At work today, I was tinkering with a stock photo of a dollar bill in Photoshop when I got a popup message informing me that I would be unable to print my work similar to this one:

25jul06-currency1.gif

After doing some research on The Google and consulting with some of my colleagues, it seems every Photoshop version from CS on has an algorithm that detects currency in files. Anyone else encountered this before? I thought this was very neat and simultaneously very creepy.

I didn't happen to need to print this file, and I don't have a particular interest in forgery, but I wonder if there is a way to print my file for legitimate purposes?

If you want to try it for yourselves, this file triggered the message in my CS2 at home:

fifty.jpg

I knew there was restrictions built into photoshop as well as printers software. It used to be where if the image was a different size than the standard currency dimensions, then it would print. I haven't tried to do so in some time.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Yes its been in there for some time and I think some copiers even have the recognition in it.

I've never tried it but I had heard about it. Crazy.

I think I heard it has to be at least half or twice the size for you to legally print it, but I don't know about that for sure.

i think it was one of the minor upgrades on CS1. it was around the same time the 20 was redesigned (it's since seen the color update). some printer have similar technology built in too, all to discourage counterfeiting.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Yes its been in there for some time and I think some copiers even have the recognition in it.

I've never tried it but I had heard about it. Crazy.

I think I heard it has to be at least half or twice the size for you to legally print it, but I don't know about that for sure.

Less than 75% or greater than 150% of original size. Anything inside that range is considered counterfeiting by the US Secret Service.

Archived