Slightly Ot: Fox Sports Net Gets A New Logo

Puckguy14

During the commercial breaks on the Sharks telecasts, I noticed the promos for the upcoming Sharks game had a different Fox Sports Net logo.

This new one has a TV like look with "FSN" italicized in what looks like the font Impact, with Fox Sports Net on the outside of the TV underneath in Impact. Anyone see this in their region too? I would assume they're going to use it Thursday. If so, it would likely mean a third set of graphics for FSN within a year.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Fox Sports Net decided to "de-regionalize" their branding. Henceforth, no more "Fox sports Midwest, Detroit, New England", etc. I guess they want to reinforce themselves as one big sports network, rather than a bunch of smaller ones.

I have the baseball and hockey packages, and it's weird to see most every team's cable outlet is Fox Sports. The Red Sox, Yankees, and Orioles are the few who have channels other than Fox (Blue Jays too, but it's Canadian). I also noticed that some teams' non-cable broadcasts have FSN graphics (Mighty Ducks, even with a WB channel).

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I know they "de-regionalized" in October of 1999. Although when MLB and NBA got new opening graphic intros. Out here they say Fox Sports Net - Bay Area.

Of course, hockey has stayed the same...cheap @#$%&@$%

FSN is actually two separate but related networks. Most of the networks are owned and operated by Fox (FSNs Arizona, Detroit, Midwest, New Mexico, North, Northwest, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, South, Southwest, West, West 2 & Sunshine Network), but several others (FSNs Bay Area, Chicago, Florida, New England, New York, Ohio and MSG Network) are all owned by Rainbow/Cablevision.

While they all show FSN programming, the Rainbow networks operate autonomously from the Fox networks. The same arrangement exists with the other "independent" networks (YES, Comcast Sportsnet Philly, Comcast Sportsnet DC, CSS, and the Cox SportsNets).

I've got access to the Fox Cable corporate site (It's passworded six ways to Sunday), and have access to the logo guides. Only the FSNs that I mentioned as being owned by Fox are listed there, and they all use the FSN logos that we are familiar with. I don't know and have not seen anything from the others.

Wow. I'm suprised. I'm guessing this comes out Opening Day for MLB. I'm also guessing that underneath the FSN (where it currently) has Fox Sports Net, might be replaced with Bay Area or (insert region name here). Most of the promos have been "nationalized" but now with the Where (insert region here) Fans Come First is more prominent. We'll see!

• 1 month later...
FSN is actually two separate but related networks. Most of the networks are owned and operated by Fox (FSNs Arizona, Detroit, Midwest, New Mexico, North, Northwest, Pittsburgh, Rocky Mountain, South, Southwest, West, West 2 & Sunshine Network), but several others (FSNs Bay Area, Chicago, Florida, New England, New York, Ohio and MSG Network) are all owned by Rainbow/Cablevision.

While they all show FSN programming, the Rainbow networks operate autonomously from the Fox networks. The same arrangement exists with the other "independent" networks (YES, Comcast Sportsnet Philly, Comcast Sportsnet DC, CSS, and the Cox SportsNets).

I've got access to the Fox Cable corporate site (It's passworded six ways to Sunday), and have access to the logo guides. Only the FSNs that I mentioned as being owned by Fox are listed there, and they all use the FSN logos that we are familiar with. I don't know and have not seen anything from the others.

aww no wonder i dont see the Chicago Sports Report listed on my program guide see i just gotten Directv over the week and got the sports pack,which is why i brought this thread back up

That is not true for the YES network. In fact this was part of the YES-Cablevision dispute. After 2001, the Yankees left MSG (A cablevision owned notwork under the whole fox thing), to start there own network. Cablevision didn't like it so they refused to carry the channel. The whole thing was just settle by an arbitor with the YES network winnig. But YES shows no fox programing, not do they use Fox graphic (or anything that resembles Fox graphics), nor do they use the same logos. Most of the programming on YES is original programing.

Most of the programming on YES is original programing.

Well, sorta. Most of the programming on YES is The 50 Greatest Yankees of All Time or something very similar. I don't really watch YES that much 'cause every time I flip though it's a show about the Yankess, which makes sense I guess...

On a side note, Fox Sports World is the best channel ever. I was watching an INDOOR soccer game the other day, PLAYED OUTDOORS...gotta love the irony. It was in Egyot and they were playing in front of the periods. Funny stuff... I love my Fox Sports World.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

On a side note, Fox Sports World is the best channel ever. I was watching an INDOOR soccer game the other day, PLAYED OUTDOORS...gotta love the irony. It was in Egyot and they were playing in front of the periods. Funny stuff... I love my Fox Sports World.

You mean the pyramids. I guess they had to move it outside when they found out you couldn't play in the pyramids. Perhaps they should have refered to it as box soccer. Although, that doesn't sound right..... :therock:

I saw, I came, I left.

I think indoor soccer (box soccer) is the way to get americans into the sport. Much faster, higher scoring, very exciting. I played for a while, and MAN is it hard to keep up your energy for a whole shift.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

You mean the pyramids. I guess they had to move it outside when they found out you couldn't play in the pyramids. Perhaps they should have refered to it as box soccer. Although, that doesn't sound right..... :therock:

Right...excuse the spelling..I was running on about 3 hours sleep from the night before and faded in and out of coherency. It's kinda funny...I don't even know how I got "periods" from "pyramids."

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I think Shmee types phoenetically!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived