New Colors and Logos for the AFL New York Dragons

Gary

Well, hopefully something good will come out of this, but I'll miss the Dragons' Asian-inspired logo. The red-pants early years were still their best look, though.

And why do I think that when the new owner talks about "appealing to all of New York," we're headed for red, white, and blue?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, hopefully something good will come out of this, but I'll miss the Dragons' Asian-inspired logo. The red-pants early years were still their best look, though.

And why do I think that when the new owner talks about "appealing to all of New York," we're headed for red, white, and blue?

Or Blue and Orange.

^_^

I liked their current identity. I really see no need to change.

I agree totally. There aren't many AFL teams with both nice logos and unis, and they're one of the few. I guarantee the new one will be inferior. I am scared that we will get a cartoonish dragon, much like the Firebirds when they did their "upgrade", or something like the Kats.

I will definitely miss them.

This is slightly off-topic, but I somehow missed this until a couple of weeks ago. The Arizona Rattlers modified their colors for this past season:

Old Colors:

ArizonaRattlers_FRC_2007_SOL_SRGB.jpg

New Colors:

ArizonaRattlers_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

Again, more crap that pretty much only I care about (!).

This is slightly off-topic, but I somehow missed this until a couple of weeks ago. The Arizona Rattlers modified their colors for this past season:

Oh no, us AFLers were bemoaning the Rattlers switch to a non-matching copper color (as well as the gradient sleeve striping and Russell templating) in the infancy of the season. You, sir, are far from alone. Didn't realized they had also switched from teal to aqua, though - the facemask still looks teal.

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh no, us AFLers were bemoaning the Rattlers switch to a non-matching copper color (as well as the gradient sleeve striping and Russell templating) in the infancy of the season. You, sir, are far from alone. Didn't realized they had also switched from teal to aqua, though - the facemask still looks teal.

They should have been regionally-appropriate and called it "turquoise" rather than teal or aqua.

And it's always good to know that Pantone/Ethx/Colorwerx is on top of such things. We are GLAD you are THE reference. Adds some sense of certainty to the world. :D

It is what it is.

I almost read it as no more NY Dragons. They may tie something in with Long Island or the regional tie ins.

I think quite the opposite, based on this:

?I don?t think it?s completely been sold as something for the entire metropolitan area, the whole New York market,? (new owner) Silva said in a telephone interview.

Other than a couple commercials on the local sports channels, I've never seen anything about the Dragons. They barely exist in this city. Sounds like he's interested in changing that.

One other thing:

ArizonaRattlersCopper_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg is equal to HoustonAstrosBrick_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

One other thing:

ArizonaRattlersCopper_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg is equal to HoustonAstrosBrick_9999_SOL_SRGB.jpg

A-HA!

I knew that crap was some sort of trendy red in use elsewhere! My guess was "Sedona Red."

I don't mind what the New York Dragons have in terms of their color scheme. As long as the numbering and lettering are block fonts, that's fine to me.

Hmmm, how about the new owner just move the team into Madison Square Garden. That way, they're truly New York City's team (no offense to Long Island). I know the last AFL team to play there were the CityHawks, so maybe the Dragons could garner better success than them.

Archived