early-90s NBA cariacture t-shirts

ferrousoxide66

I'm positive I still have my Bo Jackson sweatshirt like this somewhere around my house. My brother had one of Dan Marino, along with a pennant of Charles Barkley with the same kind of character on it.

Edit: I found the pennant on ebay:

23_1.JPG

Has the old Suns wordmark with the new Suns logo. Odd.

Similarly, in an episode of Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, Barkley wears the Chambers-era uniform(well, the ones before Barkley joined the team)

You mean this one?

cb_preseason92.jpg

1109_large.jpg

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the holy grail of caricature shirts. Pat Riley. Lakers Three-peat. Didnt happen. Millers Outpost, Bakersfield, Ca. $2. If I wasn't 14, stupid, and super depressed about the Lakers losing, I would've bought the lot. I'll dig it up later and scan it.

I have the holy grail of caricature shirts. Pat Riley. Lakers Three-peat. Didnt happen. Millers Outpost, Bakersfield, Ca. $2. If I wasn't 14, stupid, and super depressed about the Lakers losing, I would've bought the lot. I'll dig it up later and scan it.

Is that place any good for finding cool stuff? Does it even still exsist? I should check it out before I go.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Is that place any good for finding cool stuff? Does it even still exsist? I should check it out before I go.

This was 1989 and I'm pretty sure the worlds been relieved of Millers Outpost. But it is Bakersfield, so who knows. Head down to the mall, get yourself some chik-fil-a, and check it out.

Takes me back.

I used to have this sweet Dream Team pennant with the big heads.

And no, that's not me selling it on ebay, just the only image I could find online of it.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I recall some fellow kids back in the day (90s) having some nba team with the Tasmanian Devil on it.

I got a U of Miami Taz shirt for Christmas once. I have never been or never will be a U of Miami fan. Great present!

But the Taz part was ok?!? LOL

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'm positive I still have my Bo Jackson sweatshirt like this somewhere around my house. My brother had one of Dan Marino, along with a pennant of Charles Barkley with the same kind of character on it.

Edit: I found the pennant on ebay:

23_1.JPG

Has the old Suns wordmark with the new Suns logo. Odd.

Similarly, in an episode of Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, Barkley wears the Chambers-era uniform(well, the ones before Barkley joined the team)

The Suns continued to use those unis through the '92-'93 preseason, only switching to the new unis when the season started.

I had a Larry Johnson T, and another comic-style one with LJ, Muggsy and 'Zo. Also had the Taz Hornets T, and one with a characature of Hugo bursting through a court. One of my relatives bought me the Magic version of that, with a Wizard. Not being a Magic fan, it's still in the attic somewhere, with the tags still on...

This was 1989 and I'm pretty sure the worlds been relieved of Millers Outpost. But it is Bakersfield, so who knows. Head down to the mall, get yourself some chik-fil-a, and check it out.

Millers Outpost was rebranded as "Anchor Blue", now in your nearest mid-income level mall.

IMG_9117.jpg

Also, remember the shirts that had a player breaking through one side, then had their feet hanging out the other side? I can't find any pictures, but I know I had a shawn Kemp one...

Also, remember the shirts that had a player breaking through one side, then had their feet hanging out the other side? I can't find any pictures, but I know I had a shawn Kemp one...

I had one that had Hugo the Hornet breaking through the "back" and ending up on the "front" of the shirt.

By golly, we had some HORRID shirts back then! :D

I recall some fellow kids back in the day (90s) having some nba team with the Tasmanian Devil on it.

I got a U of Miami Taz shirt for Christmas once. I have never been or never will be a U of Miami fan. Great present!

But the Taz part was ok?!? LOL

-Dan

Taz was the least of my worries at that point, hah.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived