Turn Ahead The Clock

mr71

I think they were old but I dont think they were customized. I think they came out with a players name on it already.

Also I don't think they were a big hit since you don't see them around at all, it was a real dud of a promotion.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I thought the idea was pretty cool. I think part of the reason people dont wear them, is because some of the teams that did it, like seattle, used color schemes that were not, at the time, or ever a part of the franchise. To wear a black/silver/red mariners jersey 5 years after the promotion is tough. Also, you probably didnt buy them if you were an adult, it was more of a "kid/teen" thing. By now, im sure they have all grown out of them.

I wouldnt see it done again, it was kind of neat. It does seem more like something the NBA would do, then again, they just make them "official" and get the full authentic price out of you every other year.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

That was the worst promotion ever. The hats were absolutely retarded. The uniforms were ridiculous. For the Orioles that just switched it to black and silver... oohhhhh futuristic!

If they wanted it to be more accurate of the future of baseball, they should have just made every teams uniform black.

That was the worst promotion ever. The hats were absolutely retarded. The uniforms were ridiculous. For the Orioles that just switched it to black and silver... oohhhhh futuristic!

If they wanted it to be more accurate of the future of baseball, they should have just made every teams uniform black.

lol, too true...

How about those helmets the Mariners and Royals wore? :puke:

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

The idea was good, but the unis were bad. I remember watching the Giants-Padres game on TV. The Padres looked like they did a X-over of the 1999 NHL ASG unis.

The giants had a white jersey with a black SF "futuristically slanted" and were supposed to wear an orange undershirt. They ended up in black underneath and looked more monocromatic than futuristic.

If they did a better job, it might have worked. Although, you could say the BP looks are a halfway version of TATC

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

some teams TATC jerseys looked nice, i think they should create Turn Back the Clock Sundays (kinda like Hardwood classics nights) where home teams wear retro jerseys on sundays at home. what is your side on this topic

Sunday's is too often... and Sunday is generally the day when most teams break out the alternate jerseys.

Maybe just once a season all the teams could do it (of course teams like the Yankees, Cubs, and Dodgers would just wear their current uniforms, as those are their future uniforms)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

that mercury mets jersey is horrid, but the futuristic cut of it isn't bad......

looks kinda cool, if it were in team colors and said NEW YORK METS in a semi-traditional form...

i'm just saying that the almost-basketball shape is an interesting idea.

Archived