Turn Ahead The Clock

mr71

Wow they were all awful and the Mets were perhaps the worst, Mercury Mets seesh :puke:

Waht were they thinking?

Makes you respect the teams that refused to particiapte though like the Yankees who said their uniforms that they wear is what they alway wore and will wear in the future.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I agree. I think the Rockies are not all that bad.

Maybe the idea with the big logo was in the future, baseball was again the top of tis game, and the fans in the real nose bleeds, in the new, 100% tax funded mega stadiums, that held hundreds of thousands of fans, could actually see the logos. I dont think the brewers beer barrel guy would be bad in current colors, and maybe worn as a sleeve patch on the road uniform.

I also noticed that none of the jerseys seemed to have sleeves. Maybe in the future the "juice" is legal, and there is nothing wrong showing of your assisted body building.

Play RBI Baseball 2K9 @ http://league.rbicentral.com

I think a great idea for a promotion would be for every team to do a "fan logo" idea. Have fans come up with a totally new logo and perhaps even new color scheme for each team and have the team pick 5 winners. Have the fans vote on their favorite through June and every team for one home game and one road game during the second half of the season will wear those jerseys. Award the winner a monetary prize of something like $1000 plus 1% of all future sales of merchandise bearing that design. I think that baseball would make a killing on it, fans would LOVE it and it would be a huge boost to the pocket of whatever fans win.

OH and one rule. You can submit ideas for as many teams as you want but you can only win the monetary prize for ONE design. Even if your design gets chosen for all 30 teams you only win $1000 and 1% of the profits for one of the teams you designed or perhaps $1000 and still 1% of the profits for all your stuff.

Maybe to get teams interested we could take the 1% off and in order to apply for the contest you have to sign a legal paper giving up rights to that design.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

brew.jpg

I found this on ebay. I'm not sure if this is actually a "Turn Ahead the Clock" jersey.

it was...i remember that...very clearly i might add. it was against the marlins, the hat that went with was all navy with the barrelman's head on it, and bob wickman didn't bother to wear an undershirt :wacko:

ah, the memories. i owe every good and bad concept i churn out to TATC.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

the rockies looked like the Utah Jazz with that purple mountain. I don't think it's a bad look. The worst one in my mind was the pirates. Also I remember that some teams wore this odd striping on their pants. To describe it was like a triangle at the foot.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

brew.jpg

ah, the memories. i owe every good and bad concept i churn out to TATC.

That explains a lot!!!!!

(Hey I do like many of your concepts--even some most people hate)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Should also be noted that Boston and Detroit, though scheduled to wear the TATC jerseys, never did, as the outfits arrived at Fenway Park too late for the teams to put 'em on. They played the TATC game in their regular unies.

From my somewhat-faded memory, the Boston TATC was a red(!) uniform with the cap "B" on the front in white with blue outline, kinda like the Royals, Marlins, et al.

And griffin128, don't dis the hats...I managed to get a couple of the Boston ones and they are very nice - and still fit my head after 5 years! Basically, it's the color scheme of the current BP cap (blue cap, red button and bill) with the underbill in silver and the pair-of-socks logo on the front.

I may post a pic in the next day or so, depends on how motivated I am.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived