New Wha

STL FANATIC

A lot of us know the league is to be announced March 1st. I just wanted to note that I read in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that St. Louis will not have a team like originally reported. Whoever the owner was who was trying to get a team did not get all his stuff in order. That may be a sign of the prospective owner, but it also may be a sign of the stability of this league.

"The World Hockey Association Founders Committee announced Friday, February 20, 2004 that four ownership groups have posted the required franchise reservation fees for the 2004-05 season.

Québec, Toronto, Hamilton, and an unnamed U.S. market are the first four franchises reserved.

Further information regarding the ownership groups in each city will be disclosed the week of February 23."

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think it's generally accepted that this league will be like the original WHA, in the sense that teams will be leaving left-right-and-centre.

Are any franchises confirmed?? I was hearing Toronto, and Hamilton.

I think that's the case with any startup league. Teams come & go for the first several years, and eventually the league either folds or stabilizes.

Arena Football and the National Lacrosse League come to mind as sucesses that took several years to stabilize, but countless other leagues have come & gone.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived