Cats And Dogs

goalieboy82

Who do you like  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dogs are loving, loyal, FUN, and entertaining

cats are obnoxious, snobby, and just plain :censored:s. they dont care about you at all theyre just hanging around becasue you have access to food

Everyone's pointing out the positives to dogs, and the negatives to cats.

Let's flip it since we heard the one side a million times... (yes i know the dog positives, i'm pointing out the negatives people always forget, and the reason i'll never own one)

Negative dog points...

- they bark, loudly, if anything goes near the house (sure it's good for security, but 99.99999999999999% of the time it's a friend, or relative)

- they smell

- they destroy your things

- they're big and take up lots of room

- they shed everywhere

- you gotta take em out on walks

- they'll crap anywhere, and when they do you gotta pick it up for 'em

- they're dumb as dumb can be

- they cower

Cat Counter-points

- they're quiet (unless in heat)

- they're clean

- if you dont have a scratching post, they'll scratch your furnature, but that's all they'll do

- they're tiny

- they shed, but not nearly as much

- no need for walks, they either love to stay inside or the time, or on a leech in the backyard will do

- when they gotta go, they do it in their little box out of the way, and even bury what they made

- quite smart

- stand up for themselves

In other words, sure dogs are loyal, but that's all they are... if i wanted a bumbling idiot to follow me, dependent on every little thing i do, all the while drooling on me all the time, i'd look into incest.

For now, I'll take the quiet, clean, independence of my kitty :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Keep in mind i'm basing this on the negative experiences i have with my girlfriends little yapper (and i mean dog, not her mouth) :D

Perhaps Mr. Burns said it best...

Smithers: People like dogs, Mr. Burns.

Burns: Nonsense. Dogs are idiots! Think about it, Smithers.

If I came into your house and started sniffing at your

crotch and slobbering all over your face, what would

you say?

Smithers: ... If <you> did it, sir?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Dogs are smart and loyal (Collies and Retrivers are among the smartest animals to own, and one of the smartest animals in the world) They remain loyal to you forever, and they love. They love to hug ya, they lick your face, they are excited when you come home, you feel loved by a dog.

A cat, on the other hand, sucks. They serve no purpose other than to scratch the newspaper, or the chair, or your shoes, or your face, to :censored:. They are solitary animals, they don't like you, they never did, and they never will. If they could grab a knife you'd be dead right now.

Cats are the democrats of the animal world. They are evil, hate-filled little monsters who want nothing but world domination....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The only reason I'll always pick dogs over cats: Claws.

After my cat scratched by back one day out of nowhere, I've been antsy over them sense. And when I sleep at my cousin's house, they have cats that'll just wander the house and for some reason, they'll always climb onto my bed and sleep on me, and when they wake up they stretch out their claws and claw at me throught the blankets. I can never sleep with a cat. I used to have a two cats named Kissy and Snowy and one of them always tried to sleep with me and I never liked it. When I was 5 years old, I'd wake up at like 3AM, grab the cat off my bed, walk down the hallway, go into my parents room and throw the cat at them. They never woke up whenever I did it though.

If they were declawed though, I might consider getting one.

One of my cats would plop EVERYWHERE!!! Even after we got a litter box, it never went where it was supposed to. IMO, a cat's dropping are way more potent than a dog's, just less noticable to the eye. Also my cat's would run away for days on end and come back and bring dead mice into the house. It was annoying. One time Kissy disappeared for a few days and came back with a bullet it his head! He survived amazingly enough. He took him to the vet and they stuck it out and cleaned him up. He remained a normal cat, but on the left side of his head was a sort of funnel of fur leading to this pinkish-fleshy mass. It was kind of disturbing to look at. True story.

My daushund Rachel on the other hand was a great dog. She rarely barked at anything, except maybe the cats if they ever pissed her off. She slept in her bed in the kitchen next to the heater and a few feet from the door. She never needed walking because of vast fields and woods around our home. Sometimes she'd trot the ten minute walk to my grandparent's house for a visit. And she was incredibly cute to boot. Very loyal. The only problem with dauchunds is that you can't have any stairs in your house because they have really short legs and really long bodies.

My verdict: dogs.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

dogs are loving, loyal, FUN, and entertaining

cats are obnoxious, snobby, and just plain :censored:s. they dont care about you at all theyre just hanging around becasue you have access to food

Everyone's pointing out the positives to dogs, and the negatives to cats.

Let's flip it since we heard the one side a million times... (yes i know the dog positives, i'm pointing out the negatives people always forget, and the reason i'll never own one)

Negative dog points...

- they bark, loudly, if anything goes near the house (sure it's good for security, but 99.99999999999999% of the time it's a friend, or relative)

- they smell

- they shed everywhere

- they cower

Cat Counter-points

- they're quiet (unless in heat)

- they're clean

- if you dont have a scratching post, they'll scratch your furnature, but that's all they'll do

- they're tiny

- they shed, but not nearly as much

- no need for walks, they either love to stay inside or the time, or on a leech in the backyard will do

- when they gotta go, they do it in their little box out of the way, and even bury what they made

- quite smart

- stand up for themselves

In other words, sure dogs are loyal, but that's all they are... if i wanted a bumbling idiot to follow me, dependent on every little thing i do, all the while drooling on me all the time, i'd look into incest.

For now, I'll take the quiet, clean, independence of my kitty :P

Ill admit it my dog barks a lot

- they smell

my dog doesnt

my dogs never ripped anything up

my dog is small

- they shed everywhere

my dog doesnt shed

i dont mind the walsk its a reason for me to get off my ass

meh tiny craps and no litterbox

i swear my dog is smart

- they cower

he cries a lot when ppl come home and stuff but i find it cute

so not all your statements are true for all dogs.

cats also can scratch, they have the litterbox and the litterbox smell

all in all there are positive and negative aspects for each cats and dogs and it comes down to a personal preference.

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

• 3 weeks later...

dogs. cats are useless, they only want your attention when theyre hungry. they are also a more serious contributor to flea problems then dogs are.

dogs at least have some sort of use. Police and fire departments put them to work, and they can also be useful to the disabled. they alert you of intruders on your property, and if youre an outdoors person a dog can come in handy.

so if we are only talking dogs vs cats, I say dogs. However Im more of a reptile-amphibian person myself. theyre unusual and low maintaince. I own a turtle and someday I would like one of those california king snakes and one of those big pacman frogs that eat rodents :D

Me, I'm a fish person. Or at least I was.

When I was a kid, I owned my one and only fish. It was a pretty tragic situation. The poor thing was epileptic. Every time I tried to take him for a walk, or outside to play, he'd have a seizure. He'd just sit there flopping around on the pavement. He'd be fine once I got him back home to his bowl, but it was pretty rough the way his condition affected his ability to fit in with all the other kid's pets. I finally realized that he'd just have to be a house fish.

My mom bought me a kitten to make up for "Mr. Gill" being housebound. That didn't work out so well. One Friday during Lent, "Mittens" ate "Mr. Gill". Up until that day, I hadn't even known that "Mittens" was so religious. I mean, I knew he wondered off a lot with the other cats in the neighborhood, but I had no idea that they were all going to church. Then again, you can't spell Catholic without C-A-T.

Brian in Boston

Me, I'm a fish person. Or at least I was.

When I was a kid, I owned my one and only fish. It was a pretty tragic situation. The poor thing was epileptic. Every time I tried to take him for a walk, or outside to play, he'd have a seizure. He'd just sit there flopping around on the pavement. He'd be fine once I got him back home to his bowl, but it was pretty rough the way his condition affected his ability to fit in with all the other kid's pets. I finally realized that he'd just have to be a house fish.

My mom bought me a kitten to make up for "Mr. Gill" being housebound. That didn't work out so well. One Friday during Lent, "Mittens" ate "Mr. Gill". Up until that day, I hadn't even known that "Mittens" was so religious. I mean, I knew he wondered off a lot with the other cats in the neighborhood, but I had no idea that they were all going to church. Then again, you can't spell Catholic without C-A-T.

Brian in Boston

You really need to get more sleep. :wacko:

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived