Sign in to follow this  
Mat

New Sokol Kiev logo

not really anything id expect anyone on here to care about, but the ukrainian hockey team has finally changed its logo (despite a re-coloring, its basically been the same since the 60's)

new one:

sokilkievhv9.png

old one:

LogoUkraineSokolKiev.jpg

It could just be the bad quality image, but it looks like they used all sorts or effects on that. Hopefully the real version is just flat.

It could just be the bad quality image, but it looks like they used all sorts or effects on that. Hopefully the real version is just flat.

Nope - it is possibly as bad as it looks - see the teams web page (about half way down)

Sokol Kiev

Down grade in my opinion. Now I definitely will snatch up the next one I see on eBay. I love the old one however I never understood why they never feature their yellow in the logo.

Down grade in my opinion. Now I definitely will snatch up the next one I see on eBay. I love the old one however I never understood why they never feature their yellow in the logo.

perhaps because yellow isn't a team color?

Nope - it is possibly as bad as it looks - see the teams web page (about half way down)

Sokol Kiev

I thought I'd just roughly describe what the article says, for anyone who may be interested in it:

"The hockey club Sokol Kiev is planning on changing their logo. The new logo, while official, has not been confirmed (by the team), however, Sokol's press representative, Vyacheslav Volkov, has confirmed that this logo variant (the illustration on the left) is the final product. The previous variant (the illustration on the right) had been around since the mid 90s."

So the team itself may not have formally declared that this is the new logo, but it does appear to be the real deal. Also, this website isn’t actually the team’s official site. It is simply a site (in Russian) called “The nest” which is dedicated to Sokol Kiev and Ukranian hockey in general. So, while not technically completely confirmed, this logo does appear to be the new look for Sokol.

Personally I think it's great. Though the old one was classic, its just too simplistic and dated. I think the jerseys will look much nicer this upcoming season.

perhaps because yellow isn't a team color?

It was breifly but they decided to keep the red. It was to tie into the team's identity as the most recognizable Ukrainian club.

well they had yellow briefly when they changed the team name to sokil eskulap, but blue-purple-white-black was prior. red was more of a euro league thing, right?

anyways, new hi res versions of both logos available now. i removed some jpeg artifacts to make them clearer and converted to PNG for transparency.

Sokol_logo.png

and the old one:

Sokol_Old_Logo.png