Re-examining the Buffalo Sabres

Lalalaloser

Well its been 2 years since the summer of the slug and I have to say, the Buffalo Sabres jerseys and logo have grwon on me. And I'm wondering if its the same with anyone else. I've noticed that in the last few Worst Logo threads there havent been many nominations for the Sabres logo. So is there still as much hate for the slug as there used to be????

New%20Sabres%20Unis1.jpg1.jpg

Magic07.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still hate the slug. I think it's a horse :censored: logo. The problem is that they have so many options to go with. They have so many ways to make a cool sabre logo and if they're going to use a buffalo image then there's a thousand better ways to portray a buffalo than the slug. Now, for the actual uniforms, I never disliked them. I've always thought that with a solid logo that better fit into the space the jersey allots for a logo their uniforms would be some of the best in the league. the only thing I don't like and never have liked about the uniforms is how the top of the white socks is blue. This makes for an odd look on TV, like the players are wearing capris hockey pants. Also, they don't match the home socks.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I've always kinda liked the modernizing and basic design of the new buffalo, it's just the fact that it lacks any appendages that still makes me go "ugh." Like, if they kept the head and gave it an actual body w/ legs, I think I could like it. But as it stands now, it's still just the "Buffaslug" to me.

Sucked then, sucks now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Still sucks. That type of logo looks better on a football helmet (which www.mghelmets.com shows), since it is one of those "whooshing towards the front of the helmet" logos...doesn't look so hot on a hockey jersey. Hockey logos look better when they're done from a traditional front-on approach.

I think. :)

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Well its been 2 years since the summer of the slug and I have to say, the Buffalo Sabres jerseys and logo have grwon on me. And I'm wondering if its the same with anyone else. I've noticed that in the last few Worst Logo threads there havent been many nominations for the Sabres logo. So is there still as much hate for the slug as there used to be????

Davy...Davy Crockett...King of the Wild Frontier. The Buffaslug looks like the coonskin hats we all wore in '55 at the height of Davy Crockett-mania.

All the Buffalo Sabres need to do is just made the slightest of tweaking to the classic jerseys.

Just have the same basic classic design only in the new colors for the primary home and away set and the retro royal blue alternate with the old gold accenting. If there is a need to trim the original Sabres logo with a thin outline in white, that might help.

If the Sabres were to change their primary logo at all (get rid of the slug!), I like King Creative Design's concept as posted over at the Icethetics blog.

Buffalo%20Sabres.png

Buffalo%20Sabres%20-%20Home.pngBuffalo%20Sabres%20-%20Away.png

I like what John Slabyk has come up with, but I'd definitely prefer this look. I'd have to see it made up into an actual jersey before a truly endorse King Creative Design's over John's concepts.

uni_repair.jpg

Looks too good and makes too much sense for them to use these.

I have never liked that redone logo, the buffalo is WAY too small and looks like it's going to be sliced in half by a giant pair of scissors. It's all out of balance. The original logos' sizes was fine. Of course, I'm tired of Buffalo teams constantly having buffaloes in their teams' logos as they just aren't needed. I could go with the crossed swords alone, or the B-sword logo that's on the shoulder of this concept. That looks pretty good.

I still cannot stand the slug and I also hate, Hate, HATE the stupid crazyallover stripes of the jersey itself. Just look at that nonsense. It's like my kids Spin Art.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

At this point, I'd rather it just say Sabres or Buffalo across the chest ala Dallas than the Slug.

Archived