Alternative Rugby Commentary

Davidson

kia ora people of america!

thought id share with you the latest offering from us at the arc for the upcoming bledisloe cup match.

we were asked by 7 in aus to produce a 30 second promo with the brief 'why do kiwis hate aussies?'

well heres just a few reasons why:

now, there are a few ned-to-know references that non antipodeans may not get so

i hope the following index is useful!

*shackle draggers: australians live in a penal colony. there is some debate as to when or if it ceased

to officially be a penal colony.

*thongs: flip flops to some, jandles to others.

*advance australia fair: official national anthem of the criminal element.

*waltzing matilda: unofficial national anthem of the filth. stolen (obviously) from the germans

(and interestingly enough is the happy bday tune in sweden according to arvid at work)

*kangaroo beating: what did you expect from them?

*encouraging russel crowe: hes theirs now and nothing whatsoever to do with us. ahem.

home and away* awful aussie soap about shiny teenagers at the beach.

*matt dumpling/ dunning: fat useless aussie prop. did i mention fat?

*a lot of tuqiri: lote tuqiri. wing of fijian descent. not one of lifes great catchers.

*aussie robbie deans: kiwi coach. quite a good one. bit of a sore spot amongst new zealanders.

the bastards robbed him.

*underarm bowling: the most shameful act of unsportsmanlike behavior ever seen. caused diplomatic incident.

let me know what you think.

fraser

Only just spotted this one. Great work yet again, some hilarious stuff. Encouraging Russel Crowe should be an Olympic sport. I'd never seen the underarm before, that's pretty low (pun intended). Almost as low as a tandem spear tackle...

I'd love to see some more eurocentric stuff, maybe a six nations special next year, but I don't know if you'd have any market for it down under.

Only just spotted this one. Great work yet again, some hilarious stuff. Encouraging Russel Crowe should be an Olympic sport. I'd never seen the underarm before, that's pretty low (pun intended). Almost as low as a tandem spear tackle...

I'd love to see some more eurocentric stuff, maybe a six nations special next year, but I don't know if you'd have any market for it down under.

would have ben better had we beaten the twats today. unbelievable.

our main audiences are actually in the uk and the usa. just weight of numbers. we are doing our second uk tour this autumn so there shoudl be some pommy bashing in the pipeline.

i watched this the other day (i check your youtube chanel once or twice a month to see if there's new stuff) and thought it was great...before knowing what many (most) of the references were...even funnier now!

by the way...i sent you an email regarding the project we discussed in January...if you didn't get it, let me know and i'll re-send

jldesigns404eo.png

I will admit I know nothing about how the ARC is run, but have you thought about trying Scrum V? It's got a lot more "Top Gear" recently and your style would fit perfectly. I could also easily imagine a weekly BBC segment during the Six Nations.

Archived