WNBA Fight night in Detroit

walkerws

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this thread was definitely predictable, when it comes to the:

WNBA

Sexist comments, ignorant statements, Tank makes a joke and gets roasted by Hedley.

Basketball fights

Thug references (this time a 'thuggette'), gregjigga coming in and comparing it to hockey fights in a sarcastic manner.

Oh, CCSLC. When it comes to threads like this, I know exactly what to expect. I guess that makes me a sad, sad, sad fellow. :(

That said, lol @ this. What's up with Detroit and basketball fights? Jeez.

Well, the WNBA got some exposure from this. Too bad it's all bad. With all the crap we say about the WNBA, it doesn't need this black eye to help further dog itself.

Fighting in hockey is not only okay, but celebrated. Hell, there are guys who earn roster spots exclusively to be the team's designated knock-a-mother-:censored:er-out-er. While fighting in baseball meets with minor suspensions, it is still accepted as part of the game. Yet if you play basketball, you'd better not fight...eventhough your game is every bit as physical as hockey.

Why is it that people only bring up "the kids" when it's basketball?

Now, with that said, none of these bitches can fight. :P

Please tell me you're joking. Please.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Fighting in hockey is not only okay, but celebrated. Hell, there are guys who earn roster spots exclusively to be the team's designated knock-a-mother-:censored:er-out-er. While fighting in baseball meets with minor suspensions, it is still accepted as part of the game. Yet if you play basketball, you'd better not fight...eventhough your game is every bit as physical as hockey.

Evidently you have never watched the San Antonio Spurs or the Big Ten Conference.

Oh, and....what is it with Detroit and fights? Weren't the Lions like in this massive brawl with the Redskins in the '99 playoffs?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, now we know why the Red Wings suck at fighting.

Who needs to fight, when you can just skate away to the cup? :D

As for the fight, well, where's Lisa Leslie's 2-minute diving penalty? It didn't look, from the not-so great quality video I saw, like Mahorn shoved her that hard. That was one helluva boxout on Parker, too. She practically got hip checked there.

Evidently you have never watched the San Antonio Spurs or the Big Ten Conference.

Oh, and....what is it with Detroit and fights? Weren't the Lions like in this massive brawl with the Redskins in the '99 playoffs?

bowen.gif

Well this thread was definitely predictable, when it comes to the:

WNBA

Sexist comments, ignorant statements, Tank makes a joke and gets roasted by Hedley.

Basketball fights

Thug references (this time a 'thuggette'), gregjigga coming in and comparing it to hockey fights in a sarcastic manner.

Oh, CCSLC. When it comes to threads like this, I know exactly what to expect. I guess that makes me a sad, sad, sad fellow. :(

That said, lol @ this. What's up with Detroit and basketball fights? Jeez.

See Headley loves me thats why he always responds to me I just have to be careful he is not a stalker becuase that will be very scary.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

bowen.gif

How long ago was this? I was thinking of that hip-check put on Steve Nash in terms of the Spurs' physical play, not that karate kick to the cheek. No wonder Bowen's pretty good at defense....

Isn't that a travelling violation by the Wolves player?

See Headley loves me thats why he always responds to me I just have to be careful he is not a stalker becuase that will be very scary.

I was trying to do you a favor by setting up a bout between you and a female athlete. Who knows, you just might break a personal record, in terms of physical contact with a girl not named "Mom"..... :flagusa:

I was trying to do you a favor by setting up a bout between you and a female athlete. Who knows, you just might break a personal record, in terms of physical contact with a girl not named "Mom".....

Oh, but if I make a Chris Farley reference, I get moderated.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I was trying to do you a favor by setting up a bout between you and a female athlete. Who knows, you just might break a personal record, in terms of physical contact with a girl not named "Mom".....

Oh, but if I make a Chris Farley reference, I get moderated.

At least be accurate. Tnak's not living in a van down by the river....

Ok, physical is one thing. But AS physical as hockey? No way.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

bowen.gif

How long ago was this? I was thinking of that hip-check put on Steve Nash in terms of the Spurs' physical play, not that karate kick to the cheek. No wonder Bowen's pretty good at defense....

Isn't that a travelling violation by the Wolves player?

This was the year they most recently won the championship.

But yeah, that's why they call him Bruce Lee Bowen.

bowen.gif

Oh yeaaaaaah! You was popping all that gooood :censored: a second ago! Then you got kicked in yo' face!

Ok, physical is one thing. But AS physical as hockey? No way.

Look, I know that no one should ever THINK, let alone say, that anything even remotely compares to hockey in any way, shape, or form...especially not the lowly game of basketball. However, in my humble opinion the game of basketball is every bit as physical. Hockey players seemingly are hit harder, but in terms of the amount of physical contact, it's a wash. I think hockey is more dangerous, but basketball is a hell of a lot more physical than you may think.

Besides, y'all always say b-ball is a game played by only thugs and miscreants anyway (hell how many times has Bruce Bowen been called a thug on this very board). I mean, who is more physical than thugs and miscreants? Hell, they're all one step out of or away from jail anyway, right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Coming from someone who has played both sports competitively, I can tell you first hand, its not even close. Theres a reason for all of those pads.....

Yeah. It's called ice.

(And flying pucks. And high-speed collisions with boards.)

And while there are big checks and fights in hockey, there's a big load of :censored: that goes on in a basketball game all around that goes unnoticed. While I think hockey is slightly more physical, I think it's very close. (something I think you'd understand if you've ever boxed out, been on either side of a pick, wrestled for a loose ball, or taken a foul. And this is only coming from my rich white-boy leagues and games. Never even played a real game of street)

I have to say, of all the sports I've played, one of the most physical moments in any sport is a pick when the guy is running full speed at you, without looking. It's akin to getting blindsided in football, except with no pads on. I've experienced both, and I have to say nothing's like a pick in that situation.

EDIT: Shock signs NANCY LIEBERMAN to 7-day contract. LOL @ this!

Archived