Rebranding the NHL: Dallas Stars

GFB

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F-ing sweet dude. Absolutely love the secondary logo. The typeface is awesome too. Very nicely done.

What if you incorporated the barbed wire effect into the primary logo? I'm not sure--just throwing it out there. The primary logo is solid in its simplicity--but I feel like if you played with it some more, you could come up with something more to give it as much of a Texan feel as the secondary.

Nice, I love it. Much more creative than your Sabres concept, I think. Eliminating green is interesting, normally I would think there is no way that it would work, but this is brilliantly done. Yes, as said before, the secondary logo is great. Barbed wire is a little tacky, but it isn't too bad when used so descreetly. I also love the number font.

I bet Korbyn will like it. ^_^

Edit: Forgot to say that the alternate, with the horns as the striping, is very cool.

Thanks for the comments guys...

Ian, I tried incorporating some barb wire into the logo, I just couldn't find a way to get it in there without it looking "tacky". If you have any ideas, let me know...

Also, the link wasn't posted right on the site, but here's the link to get my template in vector form:

http://matthiason.deviantart.com/art/Hocke...mplate-91918231

If you click on the Download button (left-hand side, 4th from the top) it should download the .eps version...

That is sweet. The only thing is that the barbed-wire pattern might be more suited to be on a third jersey rather than on the home/road package. I'd personally rather see a more traditional-looking striping for the regular set, and the supposed "tackiness" makes it feel a bit less of an NHL team and more of a, say, ECHL team. Also, while I like the elimination of the green, does the colour scheme resemble a bit too much of the Penguins? Love that secondary very much. The wordmark is outstanding, as always.

Great job once again!

Wade-sig.png

I have been looking forward to your Stars design for a very, very long time. I have loved everyone your designs but his one doesn't do it for me.

Maybe it is just the lack of green, because I love green on the Stars. Also despite your 'extensive research', most Stars fans aren't big fans of the Stars current jerseys, lots of them miss the green.

The Main logo is fine, but I would prefer if the Stars got away from having 'Dallas' and 'Stars' on their logo, and not make it more prevelent. Personally I think you should use the seconday logo, which is awesome and put that on the front of the jersey. Then everywhere there is black change it to green, except for the pants. For the shoulder maybe put the 'main logo' on.

The alternate shouldn't be gold. It is the same color as Nashvilles old alternate, which isn't good. If you change it to green then I think the alternate should be black because that would be the only reasonable color other then gold. The design is really modern, but I can live with it.

Sorry for jumping all over the place, and I hope I made a little sense. I congradulate on thinking outside the box, and I know you won't use any of my suggestions but I had to say what I honestly thought.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Two misses in a row, brother.

Putting a generic western-type font on a stretched out star does not an improvement over their current design make.

Taking the color away from the identity does not help.

That secondary logo belongs in a Devils concept.

Homeruns in the beginning, but the Sabres and the Stars are strikeouts, Matt...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I have to agree with Korbyn and JQK. I'm a massive fan of this series, but this concept is a little off. I think my main problem with it is that, for a team called the Stars, any actual stars aren't featured half as prominently as I'd expect. Don't get me wrong, it's still very good concept and would be perfect for a Texas-based hockey franchise, just not this one. I'm getting the feeling that if the team name was different I would have no problem with this concept whatsoever.

i agree with korbyn... which stars fans exactly told you that they prefer the new uniforms, or would be ok with losing even MORE green from the uniforms?

every stars fan i've talked to it pretty upset that the stars have lost their primary color. and most stars fans also hated the stereotypical "texas = bulls" idea from the mooterus.

i was very excited when i saw the thread title, since i have a great deal of respect for your concepts... but i was very disappointed when i first saw it. it needs green, and less bulls.

I dig the whole set. BUT the tertiary logo. If you have a star do you need the "S"? To me it is redundant, I think the "D" and star would be better. But other than that it is one of the better concepts here in a long time.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Its a mixed bag...

I cant work out what exactly but the primary and script logos just dont sit right, they look a little bit off.

Secondary logo is BRILLIANT. Not sure about the tertiary...

Losing the green....? Maybe. Maybe not. I like what you've done with the gold but I kinda like the green, and being a Stars fan who also loves retro...everything, I like that connectoion with the North Stars.

Having said that, that gold alternate would be in my wardrobe quicker than you could say "Holy crap Turkleton, where did you get that awesome jersey..."

sigen.jpg

I think loosing the green works just fine.

I really like the striping and using the same color but different shades of it.

Once again, great job.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

i always thought they should be know as dallas lonestars,since it would sound more like texas hockey team .

Lone Stars doesn't make sense to me...the star is alone, how can there be more than one? this reminds me of the movie Airheads where they wanted to be called the Lone Rangers!

Archived