Steve Bartman offered $25K

Cujo

OrlandoSentinel.com -- To collect the cash, all the imfamous Cubs fan has to do is show up at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Ill., at 1 p.m. on July 31, prove his identity, and sign just one picture of him destroying the World Series dreams of Cubs fans everywhere getting tangled up with Moises Alou in Game 6 of the '03 NLCS. It will then be auctioned on the Web site with the proceeds going to a Chicago-based charity.

Something tells me it's going to take much more than $25,000 to lure him out of that rat hole Florida luxury condo he's been living in over the past five years. However, I would very much like to see Mr. Bartman give it a shot... :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

I would imagine that Bill Buckner knows exactly how Bartman feels....if not worse.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Poor guy. At this point, even Moises Alou has come out and said Bartman wasn't to blame for the whole thing. And yet, he will be forever haunted, and forced to live in near-seclusion, by the most idiotic breed of fans. These people forget about the sudden infield collapse, pitching meltdown, and the fact that there was a 7th freaking game afterward, much in the same way the fools who so often burned Bill Buckner in effigy forget that there was another game to be played afterward.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

^

...and with Buckner, not only was there a 7th game to be played, but the Sox had already blown their lead and the score was already tied up again at that point in Game 6. So if he gets that out, they keep on playing. For all anyone knows the Sox could've put up a 6 spot the next inning, or have gone down in order giving the Mets another chance later on. Nobody knows...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Cubs fans.............let.....it....go......

Honestly I think it would be awesome to see the Cubbies win the world series...until I think about it...

1. Wouldn't it deminish the aura around the Cubs..the loveable not-so-losers...doesn't sound right.

2. Would Cubs fans then become annyoing as Red Sox fans?

3. Let's be real, they'll choke.

I expect to recieve full wrath for my statements. ^_^

Cubs fans.............let.....it....go......

Honestly I think it would be awesome to see the Cubbies win the world series...until I think about it...

1. Wouldn't it deminish the aura around the Cubs..the loveable not-so-losers...doesn't sound right.

3. Let's be real, they'll choke.

I expect to recieve full wrath for my statements. ^_^

1. Yes. Although the "good story" factor would outweigh that.

2. I think there's a possibility for them to become MORE annoying, but not on the national level of Red Sox Nation. In the Chicago area, there's already a large population of those "new Red Sox fans" that everybody (including "real Red Sox fans") hates. The girls wear Corey Patterson jersey-shirts and pink visors, and the guys couldn't go more than Marmol-Wood deep in identifying their own relief pitchers. I've been to a few games at Wrigley (which admittedly has an amazing aura, but is a complete :censored:hole) and the stereotypes are true--the bleacher bums hardly watch the game and are primarily made up of the douchiest frat boys you'd ever see at college.

3. True.

Aren't they already?

I don't mean "real" cubs fans that actually know what they are talking about, the fans who it is really hard to be a cubs fan. They are either from the Burbs or the Northside or maybe their grandpa watched the games on WGN with them. Those fans I can deal with.

Its the fans that have no attachment to the team other than wearing their HORRY COW! shirts under their FUKUTHOME jerseys with their 1908 Franchise Cubs hat. "CUBS ARE THE BEST!" Its easy to be one of these Cubs fans because they are in it for the popularity. The lineage of these fans goes Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Patriots, Red Sox and now Cubs.

Somewhere someone has a Magic Johnson, Troy Akiman, Bernie Williams, Tom Brady, and Kevin Millar Jersey tees hanging in their closet. You can now ad that Soriano jersey in there as well.

Steve Bartman wasn't the only guy grabbing for that ball. And don't forget, after that happened they were still up in that game, and had their ACE going in game 7 the next day. Its not like it was the bottom of the 9th in the 7th game or something. Blame Alex Gonzalez for letting the double play go through his legs. Blame Kerry Wood for not shutting down the Marlins in game 7. Quit blaming Steve Bartman.

Yeah, I have to say that the Red Sox are a whole lot less interesting as an overbearing dominant team than they were as a scrappy fighter from an underdog city.

Poor guy. At this point, even Moises Alou has come out and said Bartman wasn't to blame for the whole thing.

Except Alou claims he never said that.

Poor guy. At this point, even Moises Alou has come out and said Bartman wasn't to blame for the whole thing. And yet, he will be forever haunted, and forced to live in near-seclusion, by the most idiotic breed of fans. These people forget about the sudden infield collapse, pitching meltdown, and the fact that there was a 7th freaking game afterward, much in the same way the fools who so often burned Bill Buckner in effigy forget that there was another game to be played afterward.

100% agree. Bartman was just the scapegoat (no pun intended) that the Cubs fans were looking for, similar to Bartman in Boston. Bob Stanley doesn't get the ridicule he should for his part in the Sox collapse in '86 (also perhaps the only time Tank wasn't on suicide watch regarding the Mets.)

It wasn't Bartman's fault, he was doing what any fan would do. Cubs, let it go.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Why don't people crucify the million dollar athletes who couldn't get the job done in that game (and over the past 100 years)? That guy was an easy scapegoat. Poor fool. He has to move away and live in Chicago infamy forever over something he enjoyed.

KISSwall09.jpg

2. I think there's a possibility for them to become MORE annoying, but not on the national level of Red Sox Nation. In the entire U.S. Chicago area, there's already a large population of those "new Red Sox fans" that everybody (including "real Red Sox fans") hates. The girls wear Corey Patterson jersey-shirts and pink visors, and the guys couldn't go more than Marmol-Wood deep in identifying their own relief pitchers.

Fixed it for you. ^_^ My feelings on the Red Sox are weird...I love their team (Ortiz and Ramirez are two of my favorite players in baseball right now), and their fans that have been around before 2004 are great. But its as if EVERY BANDWAGON FAN IN AMERICA chose the Red Sox.

But I digress...poor Bartman. Brass put it perfectly: If any Cub fan is going to tell me that they wouldn't go for that ball, they're simply acting out of hindsight. If I see a ball that I might be able to get, I'm going for it.

That said, I'd take the 25 stacks, sign the autograph, and get the :censored: out of dodge. Yeah it's $25,000, but no asswhuppin is worth that much.

I really feel bad for Bartman. This guy was just trying to catch a foul ball like everyone else in the stands. If someone sitting by him said that they were not trying to catch the ball, they are lying. It was also unlikely that Alou would have caught that ball anyway. What really lost the game for the Cubs was Alex Gonzalez (who I think had one of the highest fielding percentages in the NL that year) missing a ground ball that would have been a sure double play.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I would guess you could get two very good bodyguards for a day at around $5,000. Even if he pays for his own transportation, he comes out around $19,000 in the black (without a black eye, thanks to the men in black he's hired, who may or may not be black). That's a pretty good daily wage, as far as I'm concerned.

It wasn't Bartman's fault, he was doing what any fan would do. Cubs, let it go.

All true, but he looked like a total douche while doing it. That alone is deserving of ridicule.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I would imagine that Bill Buckner knows exactly how Bartman feels....if not worse.

My thoughts exactly, Bartman is the 21st century's Buckner, although, this may be a little too early to say that.

As the Red Sox did in 2004 with Bucker, us Cubs fans will let Bartman off the hook as soon as we bring home a World Series title. :D

6uXNWAo.png

Archived