Steve Bartman offered $25K

Cujo

I would imagine that Bill Buckner knows exactly how Bartman feels....if not worse.

My thoughts exactly, Bartman is the 21st century's Buckner, although, this may be a little too early to say that.

As the Red Sox did in 2004 with Bucker, us Cubs fans will let Bartman off the hook as soon as we bring home a World Series title. :D

God. He won't even be able to enjoy being left off the hook: he'll die of old age before then.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I would imagine that Bill Buckner knows exactly how Bartman feels....if not worse.

My thoughts exactly, Bartman is the 21st century's Buckner, although, this may be a little too early to say that.

As the Red Sox did in 2004 with Bucker, us Cubs fans will let Bartman off the hook as soon as we bring home a World Series title. :D

God. He won't even be able to enjoy being left off the hook: he'll die of old age before then.

He's kicking the bucket before this October? :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

Why don't people crucify the million dollar athletes who couldn't get the job done in that game (and over the past 100 years)? That guy was an easy scapegoat. Poor fool. He has to move away and live in Chicago infamy forever over something he enjoyed.

Why don't people realize that it's just a freaking game and spend their time, energy, and money on fixing what's really wrong with our families/cities/countries? What? People kill Congress when they get involved in sports, because "don't they have better things to do?" Well, don't we have better things to do?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I think $25,000 would be a nice down payment for the pain and suffering and emotional distress he's suffered because he did the exact same thing 99 out of 100 fans would have done - including the guy in the grey shirt right next to him who got to go home that night and have a normal life. :cursing:

t1_bartman.jpg

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I think $25,000 would be a nice down payment for the pain and suffering and emotional distress he's suffered because he did the exact same thing 99 out of 100 fans would have done - including the guy in the grey shirt right next to him who got to go home that night and have a normal life. :cursing:

True that. If the ball's direction went a few inches to the left, that guy would have been condemned to endless infamy and Bartman would be the one with the normal life. That was a close call for him and he probably has no idea that he dodged a major bullet.

t1_bartman.jpg

Whats worse, being Bartman, the guy in grey trying to be Bartman or the sissy in between them that is afraid of the ball?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

By sissy you mean true cubs fan that didnt want to interfere with the play right? :)

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived