NFL training camp jerseys

Jezus_Ghoti

Someone (and by that mean "not me," because I'm lazy) should chronicle the Bucs' training/mini camp jerseys of the past several years. Seems like since Gruden got there, they've had an interesting twist to them every season (black numbers, sleeve and shoulder color blocks, the crazy font, piping, etc.)

And though the fonts are only vaguely similar, seeing those numbers on a red jersey gives me Orlando Rage flashbacks.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the Texans training camp jerseys. The look the same as the regular season ones excep the numbers appear to be screened on as opposed to having sewn on numbers. Plus they do not have a dark training jersey. Instead they just have the shoulders blue with the rest of the jersey as white. August is too hot in Houston to be wearing an all dark blue jersey.

53330802.jpg

texanstraining.jpg

texanstraining-1.jpg

Since this stuff comes up every year, I figured I would get it started. To begin, a few practice jerseys that look really good.

In theory it should look awful, but I think the Redskins could actually pull off a yellow alt. These look good. (And yes, they are playing dodgeball.)

redskinsdodgeball.jpg

Dodgeball? This is just further evidence that Jim Zorn is in way over his head...

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Last year, many of us agreed that the Titans look better in light blue. It seems like the team agreed, since they made the switch. I think you could also argue that they look better without shoulder yokes.

07_29086.jpg

The one thing this picture does provide is proof of how good the only unused uni combo (light blue/white) looks.

Sure does - it's beautiful.

If they're going to make light blue the primary, I presume we'll see the combo soon.

Don't want them to lose the shoulder yokes, though. I love those.

I've always wondred why the NFL doesn't sell training camp jerseys. Its not like they aren't interested in aggressively marketing and selling product. It reminds me of back in the late 70s / early 80s when batting practice jerseys first showed up in MLB. Within a few years you saw them in stores. I had a beautiful Nolan Ryan BP jersey... the navy with the rainbow shoulders (on a side note... did the shoulder rainbows on the BP pre-date the ones on the road unis? That's how I remeber it but I could be wrong), and like a fool, I got caught up in early Ebay fever and sold it.

I'd buy a few team's Training camp jersy, and I know I'm not alone.

I've always wondred why the NFL doesn't sell training camp jerseys. Its not like they aren't interested in aggressively marketing and selling product. It reminds me of back in the late 70s / early 80s when batting practice jerseys first showed up in MLB. Within a few years you saw them in stores. I had a beautiful Nolan Ryan BP jersey... the navy with the rainbow shoulders (on a side note... did the shoulder rainbows on the BP pre-date the ones on the road unis? That's how I remeber it but I could be wrong), and like a fool, I got caught up in early Ebay fever and sold it.

I'd buy a few team's Training camp jersy, and I know I'm not alone.

Wouldn't be much of a stretch from QB practice jerseys to team training camp jerseys. They're selling these on NFLshop.com now:

p4757856reg.jpg

I find it amusing though that this red jersey has a gold outline on the number as if it's on their black jersey...pretty sure the real thing just has plain white numbers.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Dallas:

stanback_scandricks_minicamp08_360.jpg

Hmmm...matching blues...gee, what a concept! <_<

Except the star and stripes on the helmet don't match anything now.

Has anyone noticed that the Cowboys stripes on theyre home (white uni) doesnt match the star on their helment or the navy on their away's? Or is it just me?

Is this some sort of tradition in Green Bay, riding bicycles to practice?

Yes it is - been around for as long as I can remember (which is only about two decades, but still... ^_^ )

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

:blink:

Is this some sort of tradition in Green Bay, riding bicycles to practice?

Packers Training Camp » Player Bike Rides

In what has been a Packers tradition since the days of Vince Lombardi, Packers players will often ride to the practice field on the bicycles of young Packers fans.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I find it funny that someone thinks Cleveland's practice unis are boring. Well more of a what do you expect. I love my Brownies but here is an oppurtunity to pull a Dallas and have a practice jersey that is modern and a boring regular season uniform. Except for the throwbacks because then they have the same uniform but with numbers. LOL> That was a little sarcasm. It'll be nice when hte teams start to only go back to the 90s and the grey masks can die.

Archived