The way back machine: WBL LOGOS

dbackdiehard17

I liked the Philadelphia Fox's uniforms, personally, though I wonder what was with the Cornets' nickname. Isn't the cornet that my fellow band freaks had to explain countless times how it is totally not a trumpet, yet essentially was one?

As a close second, I like the New England Gulls' uniform, especially how they wore it Untucked.

The Cornets' nickname was based on the fact that Iowa farmers grow a lot of corn. Nothing to do with music. :rolleyes:

And FYI the "untucked" style of jersey with the bottom braid was extremely popular with girls teams of that era when girls' sports were just beginning to be played in every state.

I liked the Philadelphia Fox's uniforms, personally, though I wonder what was with the Cornets' nickname. Isn't the cornet that my fellow band freaks had to explain countless times how it is totally not a trumpet, yet essentially was one?

As a close second, I like the New England Gulls' uniform, especially how they wore it Untucked.

The Cornets' nickname was based on the fact that Iowa farmers grow a lot of corn. Nothing to do with music. :rolleyes:

And FYI the "untucked" style of jersey with the bottom braid was extremely popular with girls teams of that era when girls' sports were just beginning to be played in every state.

That makes sense (especially considering the logo is an outline of the state, and not a brass instrument), but shouldn't it then have been the "Cornettes"?

Then they could have used this as a logo instead:

cornette_jim.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was sitting here thinking how that Doe's logo was pretty much a drawing of my ideal woman... until I noticed the hooves.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ebay.h2.jpg

I've never been so turned-on by a logo in my life.

What a giant step forward for the women's movement....

Considering it's a 30-year old logo, it probably was.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I was sitting here thinking how that Doe's logo was pretty much a drawing of my ideal woman... until I noticed the hooves.

... and the ears? :blink:

And the tail?

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived