FC Gravenhage

chestnutz

So, I've joined my first fantasy league on the boards here, the new English Premier League based World Football League. For my team, I decided to go with the 3rd most populous city in the Netherlands, one of my favorite countries, The Hague, also known as Gravenhage. Their coat of arms has a stork, so I incorporated that into the crest. My main concept was to be simple, black and white, all that. IMO, black and white can look absolutely beautiful together if done right, which I'm trying to do.

Overwinning will be my team's motto, which means "Victory" in dutch.

gravenhagecrest.png

My personal favorite is top left, but I just want some C&C before making it my final crest for the year.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

it means "i like the top right. cool/sweet."

where is the snake in the birds mouth? maybe, possibly make the text " 's Gravenhage "...to be grammatically correct dutch-wise

lets see those kits!

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

I know in the coat of arms the snake is there, but the stork is really the symbol of the city (it's on buildings and stuff without the snake) so I figured I'd just put the stork. Is that grammatically correct? Wasn't sure

spacer.png

now that i think about it, its not FC " 's Gravenhage " so nevermind

for the city it would be right but not for the club

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Well, spent the last several hours putting this together, and it's my favorite jersey concept for any sport I've made. My team's nickname will be the black diamonds, using that in a lot of places, including the argyle style on the primary kits. Personally, I'd buy one. I went with the Bayern style numbering, and an all white clash kit. I may make a third kit. I put the dutch flag on the sleeve, and when our league gets one, I'll put the league logo on the other. Shell is based in The Hague, so I made them the sponsor.

Tell me what you think!

gravenhagekits.png

spacer.png

I'm not usually a fan of just black and white but ... Wow! Those look great! (now the other but) ... does the Shell logo need to be that big?

The kits look awesome. I'm not sure when it will be released but you guys have a league logo coming soon.

Thanks logoman, the more I look at it, the more I really love my kits :D

I didn't think the shell logo was that big. Considering Shell doesn't really have a widely used wordmark, I just went with the logo, and it looks to be a good size to me. Maybe I'll shrink it later.

Now all I need is a good sock template...

spacer.png

Archived