NFL Throwback/Alternate Dates

LogoFan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the Lions will wear their antiquated uniforms both times against teams that originated in the 90's. Am I the only one who thinks modern vs. throwback looks stupid?

I'll second that. I thought it looked goofy last year when the Steelers wore their 1962 throwbacks vs. the Bills in their 2002 eyesores. That's why I think the NFL should have 1-2 designated throwback weekends.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

So the Lions will wear their antiquated uniforms both times against teams that originated in the 90's. Am I the only one who thinks modern vs. throwback looks stupid?

I'll second that. I thought it looked goofy last year when the Steelers wore their 1962 throwbacks vs. the Bills in their 2002 eyesores. That's why I think the NFL should have 1-2 designated throwback weekends.

Thanksgiving weekend and a weekend near christmas would be perfect. But the NFL would have to make sure that both uniforms could be used. Like the Lions and the Bills could not face each other while both wearing the throwbacks since both are light blue.

saBS.png

Thanksgiving weekend and a weekend near christmas would be perfect. But the NFL would have to make sure that both uniforms could be used. Like the Lions and the Bills could not face each other while both wearing the throwbacks since both are light blue.

But that shouldn't be a problem since one team would have to be in their white jerseys anyway. (and just to nitpick: the Lions wear Honolulu Blue and the Bills wear the darker Royal Blue.) But I like the idea of having one close to Xmas.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I just hope the eagles don't ever wear their light blue/yellow jerseys ever again.

I think I must be one of the 8 people that really loved those things.

So there's you, and me, who are the other six?

I'm in.

Count me in, too. I like 'em alot.

I just hope the eagles don't ever wear their light blue/yellow jerseys ever again.

I think I must be one of the 8 people that really loved those things.

So there's you, and me, who are the other six?

I'm in.

Count me in, too. I like 'em alot.

Word.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yeah it looks a little strange when one team goes really old school against some team with disjointed stripes and wacky numbers.

But that shouldn't be a problem since one team would have to be in their white jerseys anyway. (and just to nitpick: the Lions wear Honolulu Blue and the Bills wear the darker Royal Blue.) But I like the idea of having one close to Xmas.

Maybe each team could be alloted two throwbacks. A white one and a dark one.

saBS.png

Maybe each team could be alloted two throwbacks. A white one and a dark one.

In a perfect world, my friend...in a perfect world...

andre_tippett-796325.jpg

tippett.jpg

i never understood why the dolphins never went back to their throwbacks from their thanksgiving game against the cowboys a few years back...they look great and should be worn more often...i mean we did win a few superbowls wearing them

_39538742_running_back_300.jpg

If Miami wore these against the Bills throwbacks, that'd be a great looking matchup. Of course this year it would be in Toronto, not Buffalo but I digress. The Bills have to be the most glaring example of a team's alternate uniform being so much nicer than their regular look.

The Bills throwback game against the Raiders will also be sharp...imagine a white version of the Buffalo throwbacks? Awesome!

CostaSketch500w.png

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be wearing their creamsicle orange throwback uniforms on Nevruary 31st. <_<

Ah, you ass! :P

While working my way through the sentence I was getting more and more excited. All of my happy emotions came crashing down hard at the end.

Archived