Astros break home uniform routine

cheo25

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed that this is by far their best look. Maybe it's my age but the black, pinstripes and current font have never said "Astros" to me. Who would have thought that the day would come when the rainbow throwbacks would actually look "good"? They should go with Navy, burnt orange and silver and come up with a font similar to the 1994 jerseys with burnt orange being the primary and cap color.

Personally, I think they should've taken cues from the googie architecture that was popular during the space age, especially in the western states. At least the star from the old set seems to have been inspired by it.

Yes. It would be futuristic and classic at the same time. If done right it could be great, however if done wrong it could be a disaster.

Those that know me know that I'm usually not one to advocate that teams revert back to an old color scheme. However the Astros I feel could get away with reverting back to the old navy-orange color scheme because:

A- They would currently be the only team in the NL to use said color scheme

B- Although the Astros had the current brick-sand-black scheme first, the D-Backs pull it off so much better.

That being said, if it were up to me, I actually wouldn't go with navy blue for the Astros. I'd say sure, bring back orange, but why not go with a deep dark midnight purple instead of a navy blue? Something similar to what the Ravens wears, but a little darker and a little more blue if you will. In addition, a dark purple-orange scheme would benefit with the addition of a third color. Dare I say, an eye popping almost electric light blue (using light blue, yet something else I tend to be against) which they could give a clever name like "quasar blue", to be used as a miniscule accent color on team logos and such.

I always thought that if they found a way to use some of the current logos, but add the colours and other elements of the rainbow guts era that gave its appeal, and it would be pretty sweet.

Like for instance, an orange hat, but a tad darker with the current star in navy and a capital H in white in front would be something cool to try.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Personally, I think they should've taken cues from the googie architecture that was popular during the space age, especially in the western states. At least the star from the old set seems to have been inspired by it.

Yes. It would be futuristic and classic at the same time. If done right it could be great, however if done wrong it could be a disaster.

Those that know me know that I'm usually not one to advocate that teams revert back to an old color scheme. However the Astros I feel could get away with reverting back to the old navy-orange color scheme because:

A- They would currently be the only team in the NL to use said color scheme

B- Although the Astros had the current brick-sand-black scheme first, the D-Backs pull it off so much better.

That being said, if it were up to me, I actually wouldn't go with navy blue for the Astros. I'd say sure, bring back orange, but why not go with a deep dark midnight purple instead of a navy blue? Something similar to what the Ravens wears, but a little darker and a little more blue if you will. In addition, a dark purple-orange scheme would benefit with the addition of a third color. Dare I say, an eye popping almost electric light blue (using light blue, yet something else I tend to be against) which they could give a clever name like "quasar blue", to be used as a miniscule accent color on team logos and such.

I'd have to see an actual concept before I made a final judgment, but that color scheme sounds way too ambitious for MLB... even by my standards.

They went with their third different jersey in 3 days by breaking out the Sunday brick home alts. It was the first time they'd ever worn the bricks at home on a day other than Sunday.

I have no insider info on why they did this. I imagine someone will end up asking Astros beat writer Alyson Footer in her mailbag column (uni questions do end up making it into the columns from time to time). Maybe they were switching it up. Maybe they didn't have time to pull the NASA patch off of the pinstripes to use them the next day. I have no idea.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

When I was younger, I absolutely hated the yellow/red/orange Astro rainbow. Now? I think it's the best set they ever had (aside from their Colt 45 days). Numbered pants? Orange hat? Yes please.

Everything since then has been "meh" all around (esp. those mid 90s navy redos - ouch).

I think the Astros current uniforms are timeless. The home, road, and two alternates will stand the test of time like the Braves, Twins, Phillies, Dodgers, Tigers, Red Sox, and Yankees. I can't picture the Astros wearing anything else.

How old are you... like eight?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The reason for the Sunday Uni's on Monday night was Tuesday the Astros were setting aside as NASA Night at the Ballpark and they were unveiling a new 50 years of NASA logo on the right sleeve of their jerseys.

You can see the logo here on Humberto Quintero's jersey

capt.63ab32c8c1914a13920158f6b45b05ac.reds_astros_baseball_hta105.jpg

Though, i must say, as a fan of the Sunday whites, it was nice to see them in primetime.

I think the Astros current uniforms are timeless. The home, road, and two alternates will stand the test of time like the Braves, Twins, Phillies, Dodgers, Tigers, Red Sox, and Yankees. I can't picture the Astros wearing anything else.

Dude, check my profile and you'll see how old I am. Believe me, I know the history of major league baseball uniforms.

Dude, check my profile and you'll see how old I am. Believe me, I know the history of major league baseball uniforms.

Well considering you said you can't picture the Astros wearing anything else, but they've only been wearing these for eight seasons, I think it was a legit question.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well going back to the railroad business, the reason they have a train theme to their stadium is because the location, if i'm correct is where an old train station was called Union Station and the original name before Enron Field, was supposed to be the Ballpark at Union Station, which i thought was awesome. Please Correct me if i am wrong.

Forgotten Astros Uniforms

caminiti-hous00-2.jpg

mO9Lf2Md.jpg

bagwell2.jpg

Those blacks alts were pretty sweet, they should bring those back once in a while.

I couldn't agree more. I have one of them from the 2000 season. Ownership didn't like the black jerseys, so they got scrapped for the bricks.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived