Astros break home uniform routine

cheo25

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, no way the Astros' uniforms will hold up as "timeless" like the Red Sox. That's silly. They'll overhaul in the next five years. I dare say that the Astros have never looked great.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Can't reconcile black uniforms in Texan summer heat. Does not compute.

And nothing more somber and morgue-like than black unis under a dome.

1. Intuitively, that's true. In reality, it means nothing, because the Astros play their home games in air-conditioned comfort.

2. It's not a dome, it's a sliding retractable roof. Toronto & Tampa have domes. Houston & Seattle have sliding roofs.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

1. Intuitively, that's true. In reality, it means nothing, because the Astros play their home games in air-conditioned comfort.

2. It's not a dome, it's a sliding retractable roof. Toronto & Tampa have domes. Houston & Seattle have sliding roofs.

Last time I checked Toronto also had a sliding retractable roof. They're still using it aren't they?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Haha, no way the Astros' uniforms will hold up as "timeless" like the Red Sox. That's silly. They'll overhaul in the next five years. I dare say that the Astros have never looked great.

I think when they moved to the blue and gold color scheme and jerseys those were the best they've had.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

Last time I checked Toronto also had a sliding retractable roof. They're still using it aren't they?

I meant the shape of the structure. Of course Toronto has a sliding retractable dome, but it is a dome nonetheless. No one could look at the outside of Safeco or Minute Maid and say they visually look like The Trop or Roger Centre. It's 2 different shapes. That was the point I meant to make.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I meant the shape of the structure. Of course Toronto has a sliding retractable dome, but it is a dome nonetheless. No one could look at the outside of Safeco or Minute Maid and say they visually look like The Trop or Roger Centre. It's 2 different shapes. That was the point I meant to make.

Dome or not, it's still an enclosed structure (at least with the roof slid on over) - which leads to some pretty crappy aesthetics for major league baseball.

Dome or not, it's still an enclosed structure (at least with the roof slid on over) - which leads to some pretty crappy aesthetics for major league baseball.

Except that in cases like Seattle, it's not totally enclosed (it's kind of like a huge-flat umbrella from what I've seen) so enough natural light comes in through the sides to not totally ruin the look of the game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You could've just said Minnesota then. And to me Minute Maid looks a lot more like a dome than Safeco.

Archived