Ot: Rob Ray's Potty Mouth

gbasalmon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of vsors, anyone who argues it's wussy (not even including whether they through race/nationality in) is a moron. Al MacInnis got a stick in the eye very badly. Was out a long time. He was so much of a wuss (sarcasm) that he didn't surgery right then to completely fix it so he wouldn't miss as many games. He did do the wussy (again crap sarcasm) thing with the visor. Well, now one lens jarring hit later, his ever playing in the league again is in question.

The same year MacInnis got his first eye injury, Pavol Demitra suffered one. He ended up being ok after a little while of recovery. That is why that European put on the visor. A few of his teammates and friends (obviously some would be European) put on a visor because of Pavs injury coupled with Al's.

Of course, their is Bryan Berard who darn near lost his eye. I'm not sure he even where's a visor though.

Players don't wear visors because it's a 'wussy' thing, players don't wear visors because it makes it a lot harder to play the game.

I've never tried, but I can imagine, that visors fog up during the course of the game, and apparently they reflect light.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I live in the US we dont play hockey all that much down here, and when I was growing up there was even less hockey.

In recent years there have beena few junior leagues taht have started up in the area, but they were not really there 15 years ago.

Also I cant skate.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Could somebody please explain to me what is so great about hockey?

:shocked:

How can you not like hockey Fuse it has everything?

Hockey is basically soccer on skates, except you can hit in hockey.

it's like asking someone in Europe why soccer/football is so popular. alot of people just like it. gotta say tho, i find the OHL alot more exciting at times than the NHL.

I haven't noticed alot of face injuries in the OHL, which has manditory visors for all players. I can understand players wanted to be macho, but this is just getting out of hand how many high sticking injuries there are out there.

There were fewer head injuries before helmets became mandatory.

Players respected the head area and avoid hitting a player there.

Same deal for face injuries before visors came around.

Now a good chunk of the league has visors and players have no respect for that area of the face.

I betcha if they made visors illegal you'd have fewer face injuries than if you made them mandatory.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

I live in the US we dont play hockey all that much down here, and when I was growing up there was even less hockey.

In recent years there have beena  few junior leagues taht have started up in the area, but they were not really there 15 years ago.

Also I cant skate.

That explains a lot of your opinions on the sport....

It's basically a paranoid thing with me, Chris. I don't think they should be mandatory, but I know now that every eye injury is gonna be pointed out as "Caused by" or "Was less serious" becasue of a visor.

i went to a half shield visor 2 years ago after taking a stick to my eyebrow....too close to the eye. if anyone thinks that's 'wussy', i'll pull your sweater over your head and proceed to put a whoopin' of your fluffing ass!

i don't understand why anyone would think protecting oneself is an exercise in 'wuss'osity.

it did take a bit of getting used to....glare, fog, extra heat in the upper face area.....but i'll never go back to using no shield.

Me, I'm an even further "wuss." Our league requires at least a half-shield, but I won't wear anything except for a full cage. Granted, I play in a non-checking "everyone's gotta go to work tomorrow" adult league, and thusly, it's not worth it to me to risk any kind of head/face/eye injuries. I don't think that it causes anyone to be particularly chippy because of it; then again, most of the players at my level didn't grow up playing the game, and therefore didn't have coaches screaming at them to kill kill kill for years as a kid.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hhmmm, there seems to be a rise in stupidity since the new board went up.

gdffl86 Posted: Feb 25 2004, 08:45 PM

NEVER IN TROUBLE OFF THE ICE!!!! Give me a break...

Danny Heatley KILLED his teammate.

gdffl86 Posted: Feb 25 2004, 09:03 PM

QUOTE (zer0dotcom @ Feb 25 2004, 04:56 PM)

and 2: Heatley could have just as easily died in that car crash too,

Which makes him less guilty for killing a teammate? It should have been Heatley who died that evening, not because I dislike him, because way too often do you hear about reckless or drunk drivers who get into accidents killing their passengers or people in other cars while the one who causes it survives.

And I certainly don't buy... "the poor guy will have to live with the horror of knowing he caused the death of this other person his whole life, isn't that awful?"... ANSWER - not as awful as BEING DEAD!

Wow, that sure is an ignorant, insensitive, (censored) view to take. I suppose if you were in a car crash and your best friend died you'd wish it was you instead too, eh? And I'm SURE it would be entirely your fault they died. And, obviously, living with it would be much worse than death; as Dan Snyder is in heaven right now whereas Heatley must spend the rest of his life trying to come to grips with what he did. The man has gone through something I wouldn't wish on anyone, and he has my full respect and admiration for continuing to play hockey, as well as returning as miraculously fast as he did. Maybe if you grew up a little you could start to feel the same.

Fusebazell Posted: Feb 28 2004, 01:48 AM

Could somebody please explain to me what is so great about hockey?

What the hell do you want us to say to that? Sorry, but I don't feel the need to defend my favorite sport to you. Why are you even asking that question here? If you don't like hockey then why not just stay out of the conversation. I mean, I could just as easily ask you what's so great about the Cleveland Browns; they suck.

Chazberg,

You call me an (censored) and then say that I need to grow up. You are the one showing your ignorance. How can you applaud someone for using such awful judgement resulting in the death of someone else. BOO HOO for Heatley and how much he has to "come to grips" with what he has done.

You have admiration for him for continuing to play hockey? He gets paid millions to play a game, it's not like he was a world reknown Brain Surgeon who returned to work after suffering such a tragedy. Give me a break.

You need to grow up, I don't remember anyone else calling someone else a name during this discussion until you decided to put your two cents in. You are in reality not only an (Censored) but from what I can tell a complete fluffing idiot as well!

If you truly believe that it is easier to be dead and in "heaven" than have to deal with issues that have arisen because of your own stupidity, then do us all a favor the next time you have a problem in your life and put a fluffing bullet through your head. This way you won't have to "come to grips" with anything and we won't have to read any more mean spirited posts by you.

You don't have to agree with everyone's (or anyone's) opinions on this or any other message board but you don't call people names, your only showing your own immaturity.

Oh and by the way, If I was stupid enough to do something as dumb as Heatley and killed one of my best friends I certainly would and SHOULD feel guilty, and no I may not wish I was dead, but I certainly wouldn't think that my friend got the better of the deal (being in heaven and all) while I get to continue to raise my family, spend every holiday with those I love, continue to well LIVE MY LIFE.........

Hey chazberg and gdffl86 Knock off the personal insluts and watch the language.

We dont need this topic or this board to degenerate into a bunch of personl insults.

You have the right to disagree, but when it gets personal it must be stopped.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived