Favorite Sports Teams

the_cynic

NBA - The Knicks... of course. As for why, well, it's been that way since birth. My family (those who are basketball fans) all grew up as Knicks fans, one of my first articles of clothing was a piece of Knicks merchandise... so ever since my first steps I've been in blue & orange... NY pride baby.

MLB - The "other" NY team... the Mets. My reason, more or less the same as above. I live in Queens so Shea is only a short distance from me, and my uncle used to work for Pepsi, so while they still sponsored the Mets, he would get company seats and he'd always take me to games... kinda sucks to be a Mets fan now, but eh... at least I don't jump ship to the Yankees, that's at least quasi-respectable.

NFL - I hate football... Never watched it as a child, family never made it a big deal so they had no influence on anything, and I've just never been able to get into it... even the Superbowl I've tried watching and it just tortures me.

NHL - The horrible... horrible... Pittsburgh Penguins. Took me a while to get into hockey, but once I did I certainly enjoyed it... anyway, during school gym classes when we would have hockey tournaments, we had to choose a name, and our captain chose the Penguins... so I checked out the Pens, caught some Pens/Rangers games on TV, one at the Garden... and I guess I kinda just gravitated towards Lemieux and Jagr (this was post-Stanley Cup wins)

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

NBA- The Pacers. I grew up a fan of in Indy as a fan of theirs and have stayed one since. My favorite Pacer of all time is Reggie Miller, been around forever and still can play.

NFL- The Colts. Once again, grew up with them in Indy and have always been a fan. I still frequently go to games, for its just a 2:30 hour game. Peyton Manning= the #1 QB ive seen in a heck of a long time

MLB- The Reds. I stay local as you can see. Cincy is only 1:00 away and Ken Griffey Sr. and Jr. have been my two favorite players growing up.

NHL- Just not into hockey for some reason.

Owner of CC Louisville Fantasy Athletics.

pacer.gif

ind2-sm.gifreds2-sm.gifind1-sm.gifindiana1-sm.gifmiami-sm.gif

MLB: Cincinnati Reds( was born in Cincinnati and I've loved them ever since I was favorite pro sports team)

NFL: Cincinnati Bengals( I stick with because I have never ending optimism that they will turn it around. look out next year Marvin Lewis god bless you)

NHL: Columbus Blue Jackets(been to over fifty games, best bang for your buck in the NHL)

NBA:Cleveland Cavaliers, Pheonix Suns( I like the Cavs cause my grandmother lives in Akron where Lebron is from, and I like the Suns because my cousins live in Pheonix and they gave me a jersey)

AFL: Columbus Destroyers (I went to the first home game and had an absolute blast, it was awesome)

NCAA: I like Ohio State, Ohio, BearCats

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

NFL - San Francisco 49ers. When I grew up, late 80's and early 90's -- 49ers and Cowboys were the teams I was most exposed to as they were THE teams in the NFL. I just liked how Jerry Rice handled himself and he instantly became my favorite player. Not to mention, the first Super Bowl i have complete memory of was 49ers/Chargers. Ahhh.. great day for football. (Denver Broncos, the home state team, comes in second)

MLB - Chicago Cubs. I gotta root for the lovable losers. Because now they're a force to be reckoned with. Also, I get WGN from here in CO and i like to watch Cubs games on occassion. I become more attached to them than any other team. (Rockies are the hometown #2 team)

NHL - Colorado Avalanche. Ever since they moved to CO, I've been fixated with Avalanche hockey. They are everything that's awesome in the world and I cherish every moment we dominate the rest of the NHL.

NBA - Denver Nuggets. Can't really say I've cared in the past, but I've just, before the season, realized that all the years of suck were to prepare for more yars of awesome.

IUe6Hvh.png

CFL: Winnipeg Blue Bombers

NBA: Toronto Raptors, somewhat Chicago Bulls (Jordan fan)

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays

NFL: Denver Broncos, St Louis Rams (Warner fan)

NHL: Colorado Avalanche, any Canadian teams (although the Leafs and Oilers are low on my list of those)

Independent Baseball: Winnipeg Goldeyes

CIS Basketball: U of Manitoba Bisons

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

CFL--Calgary Stampeders (duh--check out my user name and avatar-and most of my posts in the Numbers game)

NHL-Calgary Flames

NBA-Boston Celtics--not sure why--maybe to make up for hating the Bruins so much when I started watching the NHL

NFL-Seattle Seahawks--by default--I get more coverage of their games than any other team--so they kind of snuck into first place.

MLB Toronto BLUE Jays--no idea who the Jays are.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

NFL - San Francisco 49ers

Um, Because they're the grestest team of all time, duh! :D Montana, Rice, Young... 5 Championships... I've grown up loving this team. They are THE team for me.

MLB - Arizona Diamondbacks

Because I was in a dark place in my life (I was rooting for the Dodgers <_<) and the expansion happened, so I decided to go with one of the teams, and I decided to go with the closer of the 2 to me here in CA.

NHL - Los Angeles Kings

The Kings due to their location once again, because of The Great One's stay there, and because they're brave enough to wear PURPLE!.

NCAA - University of Southern California

Because I just like them. ^_^

NBA - Sacramento Kings

Because EVERYONE likes the Lakers, so I chose the Kings. Plus I hate basketball...

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

NFL: New England Patriots - Hometown Team.

MLB: Boston Red Sox - Hometown Team.

NBA: Boston Celtics - Hometown Team.

NHL: a. Carolina Hurricanes (Hartford Whalers) - I was a diehard Whale fan growing up (Bruins games were on NESN, which I had to pay for and every Whale game was on SportsChannel for free. Ahh the days of Peter Sydorkeweicz and Geoff Sanderson and young Ron Francis). I still love the Canes, but it is extremely difficult to follow your team when you can't afford a dish and you are a rabid hockey fan. Which leads me to...

b. Boston Bruins - Tough not to get caught up with the hometown team. I love the Bruins and go to a few games per year (yes, vs. the Canes). But when it comes down to it and both teams are going head to head, I root for the Canes.

Archived