Questions For Anyone Who Has Read The Great Gatsby

CrookedThumb

If anybody has read and analyzed The Great Gatsby, I need to know the significance of the following things. I'm taking a test tomorrow, and my teacher has told me that we need to know this.

1.) the color yellow

2.) Daidy's relation with the color white

3.) Daisy's daughther

4.) Meyer Wolfsheim

5.) Owl Eyes

6.) Gatsby's boyhood schedule

7.) Gatsby's shirts

8.) Nick's relationship with Jordan

9.) automobiles

Um, the Owl Eyes refer to the billboard that had a big pair of glasses on it. It could be seen from somebody's house across the big ash heap. It symbolized God seeing everything, and Myrtle's husband, whatever his name was, said something about it before he killed himself and Gatsby.

Meyer Wolfsheim was some Mob guy.

Hope that helps... <_<

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Read the book last year... somewhat enjoyed it too... could answer most questions about the plot... but those are just way too specific man. Check out sparknotes.com.

Luckily for you, Gatsby's pretty popular.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

If anybody has read and analyzed The Great Gatsby, I need to know the significance of the following things. I'm taking a test tomorrow, and my teacher has told me that we need to know this.

1.) the color yellow

2.) Daidy's relation with the color white

3.) Daisy's daughther

4.) Meyer Wolfsheim

5.) Owl Eyes

6.) Gatsby's boyhood schedule

7.) Gatsby's shirts

8.) Nick's relationship with Jordan

9.) automobiles

One of my favorites, but Fitzgerald's Tender is the Night is better, IMO.

I suck at analyzing books, so here are a couple things relating to your list that may or may not be of help.

1) Gatsby's car, the one Daisy was driving when she killed Myrtle, was yellow.

2) "From Louisville. Our white girlhood was passed together there. Our beautiful white--" - Daisy, telling Nick where Jordan was from

3) "I'm glad it's a girl. And I hope she'll be a fool - that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." - Daisy after the birth of her daughter

4) Wolfsheim was Gatsby's partner in his illegal ventures. He fixed the 1919 World Series. Had a pair of cufflinks made of human molars.

5) Already covered, take a look at the second paragraph of Chapter 2.

6) What about it? He had one that was supposed to train him to get ahead.

I've got nothing else right now.

Wow, I smell an A+, niner. Way to help out. :blink:

Haha, um, I originally had a sarcastic smiley after "Hope that helps"...but for some reason it didn't show.

Reading the book and/or looking at those booknote sites could really help in cases like these, uni... *wink*

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived