The Thread of the Games of the XXIX Olympiad

Alphabet Man

Boukpeti may be the most egregious case of Olympic "free agency" yet. At least Becky Hammon, this year's poster child for the phenomenon, actually spends substantial time in Russia.

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Boukpeti may be the most egregious case of Olympic "free agency" yet. At least Becky Hammon, this year's poster child for the phenomenon, actually spends substantial time in Russia.

What about that white swimmer from Zimbabwe? Does she still live there, or has she fled from the generally unwelcoming atmosphere for folks of her color in that country.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What about that white swimmer from Zimbabwe? Does she still live there, or has she fled from the generally unwelcoming atmosphere for folks of her color in that country.

She's actually completely Zimbabwean except going to Auburn U. I'm pretty sure she actually lives there.

There is no way in hell that those girls on the Chinese women's gymnastics team are 16. It's pretty oblivious that they haven't hit puberty yet. But there's nothing anybody can do about it because the Chinese government says they are. Of course this is the same government that "enhanced" the fireworks of the opening ceremony and had a girl lip-sync because the real singer was deemed "not cute enough."

Gotta love communism.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

It's not quite as bad as you may think, he is of Toganese decent, his father was from Togo. Boukpeti was raised in Paris, I think.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Meanwhile Michael Phelps has made like Spinal Tap, turning his career gold medal count up to 11! And two more world records to match the two golds he collected today.

Five down, three to go.

CCSLC signature.png

There is no way in hell that those girls on the Chinese women's gymnastics team are 16. It's pretty oblivious that they haven't hit puberty yet. But there's nothing anybody can do about it because the Chinese government says they are. Of course this is the same government that "enhanced" the fireworks of the opening ceremony and had a girl lip-sync because the real singer was deemed "not cute enough."

Gotta love communism.

What's the big stink about their ages, anyway? Shouldn't a 16- or 20-year-old perform better in an athletic feat than a 12-year-old?

Gotta love communism.

What's the big stink about their ages, anyway? Shouldn't a 16- or 20-year-old perform better in an athletic feat than a 12-year-old?

Not necessarily. These girls are trained from like age 3, so by the time they are like 12, 13, 14, they are vets at this.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Gotta love communism.

Because IOC rules state that they must be 16 years old to compete. The only way most of these girls are 16 is if they're a bunch of malnourished midgets.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Something tells me that De La Hoya should hand over the "Golden Boy" nickname. Phelps is a bit more deserving now.

Get people to care about Michael Phelps in odd-numbered years, and then he can have that nickname.

That's not to say Phelps' accomplishments aren't incredible, because they are. But Oscar de la Hoya is a legend because he's put in ten years of time. I'm just saying we shouldn't get too caught up in Olympic fever. Especially because it'll be an afterthought this time next month.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Gotta love communism.

Not necessarily. These girls are trained from like age 3, so by the time they are like 12, 13, 14, they are vets at this.

If a 12-year-old is the best in the country at doing what they do, why shouldn't they be allowed to compete? Is it really an advantage for a 12-year-old to perform than it is for a 16-year-old?

If I lost to a 12-year-old at anything, I know I'd be hella pissed at myself for losing to a kid.....

You know the second week of the Olympics are going to suck once this Phelps going for 8 stuff is done. Of Course then you have the knockout rounds for Basketball and Soccer.

Which is what I'm really watching, so idk how it's gonna suck for me. lol.

And another WR he is amazing. I dont know much about swimming but he has to be the best swimmer ever he just stes these records like t hey are nothing.

Part of it's the new suit he and the other swimmers are wearing. Records have been dropping like flies since that came out.

From what I can remember so far from Phelps' medals this year, he's only worn the supposedly-advantageous full-body suit in the 4x4 relay. He's dominating world records even without wearing the full-piece.

Wade-sig.png

Archived