The Thread of the Games of the XXIX Olympiad

Alphabet Man

Usain Bolt won the 100m final with a new world record. 9.69 seconds. What's amazing is that he slowed down at about 75-80m from the finish line :blink:

Maybe the most aptly named athlete, no, human being on the planet in terms of profession. It'd be like if a dentist were named 'Smiley'.

Which would explain this thread... ^_^

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?sh...c=59108&hl=

I just saw a replay of the start, he dragged his left foot from the block. So, he slowed down at the end, could have easily fallen to the ground at the start and still get a world record?

I saw, I came, I left.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usain Bolt won the 100m final with a new world record. 9.69 seconds. What's amazing is that he slowed down at about 75-80m from the finish line :blink:

Maybe the most aptly named athlete, no, human being on the planet in terms of profession. It'd be like if a dentist were named 'Smiley'.

I just saw a replay of the start, he dragged his left foot from the block. So, he slowed down at the end, could have easily fallen to the ground at the start and still get a world record?

The track itself : track records :: LZR Racers : swimming records

Or at least that's what I think.

The track itself : track records :: LZR Racers : swimming records

Or at least that's what I think.

I think you can make a great argument about that, but still, for that race, even if he didn't break the world record that race, the gap he had on the rest of the field was absolutely stunning.

I saw, I came, I left.

Spain vs. USA is going to be epic.

It's been an epic ass whuppin thus far, delivered by the USA.

Yeah, this isn't the same failure team of the past Olympics. This team is so much better. The defense they play is amazing. I expect every game to be a blow out from here on out. Not super massive blow outs but blow outs will happen.

Spain vs. USA is going to be epic.

It's been an epic ass whuppin thus far, delivered by the USA.

Yeah, this isn't the same failure team of the past Olympics. This team is so much better. The defense they play is amazing. I expect every game to be a blow out from here on out. Not super massive blow outs but blow outs will happen.

Honestly, the thing that worries me is that Spain basically conceded defeat 3 minutes into the 3rd and turned it off, perhaps scouting for a potential meeting in the medal rounds?

But it's a very small concern. They'd cut the deficit in half, which would still be a W by a sizeable margin by the U.S.

They're definitely the team to beat.

Finally, Canada is going get a medal ... in wrestling.

Bret Hart is proud.

Canada got another medal in rowing, sculls, or whatever its called. The name escapes me. All I know is, they got a silver.

What is the point of equestrian sports? From what I see so far its a dog show for horses.

More or less it looks like its the horse doing the work...... does the horse have to be born in or a citizen of the country its competing for? Does it get a medal to?

oBIgzrL.png

Finally, Canada is going get a medal ... in wrestling.

Bret Hart is proud.

Canada got another medal in rowing, sculls, or whatever its called. The name escapes me. All I know is, they got a silver.

Mens coxless pairs, I think, is like this: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...Henley_2004.JPG where both arms are used for one oar of the boat. The sculls is where each rower uses two oars.

The silver was actually the first official medal, but the wrestler advanced to the gold medal match earlier in the day in Beijing. I don't think she used the sharpshooter in the competition. ^_^

What is the point of equestrian sports? From what I see so far its a dog show for horses.

More or less it looks like its the horse doing the work...... does the horse have to be born in or a citizen of the country its competing for?

Yeah, but what do you give the winning horse? Immunity from the glue factory?

Also, Roger Federer ended up with a gold medal after all.... in men's doubles. He and Stanislas Wawrinka won 6-3 6-4 6-7 (4-7) 6-3 against Sweden's Thomas Johansson and Simon Aspelin.

I saw, I came, I left.

More or less it looks like its the horse doing the work...... does the horse have to be born in or a citizen of the country its competing for? Does it get a medal to?

I'm considering nominating this for post of the day... somebody convince me.

:D

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I'm considering nominating this for post of the day... somebody convince me.

:D

My girlfriend and i had an argument over this last week.

The dressage is stupid.

The show jumping, however, is awesome. It's about horse management and the relationship between horse and rider. It takes a lot of talent to do that.

philly.png

Well, Phelps has his chance in about an hour. It looks good, after all, it's been 28 years since someone other than the United States has won the gold medal in the men's medley relay.

EDIT: Dara Torres takes silver in the 50 free... I guess the hundredth giveth... and the hundredth taketh away.

LvZYtbZ.png

Ryan Cochrane has won a bronze medal in the 1,500-metre freestyle at the Beijing Games.

Canada now has 1 G 1 S and 2 B.

Stupid CBC is showing us the medal presentation when obviously everyone is tuning in for Phelps.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived