Alphabet Man

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 Golds...

8 Olympic Records....

in the 08 Olympics...

in 8 days....

in an Olympics that started on 8/8/08...

... at 8 PM ... considering 8 is lucky number in China, the stars seem to be aligned just perfectly :blink:

I saw, I came, I left.

And lest we forget, 41-year-old Dara Torres took the silver in the women's 50m freestyle, then turned right around and helped win another silver for Team USA in the women's 4x100m medley relay.

One other noteworthy result today: Team USA upsets Croatia in water polo.

CCSLC signature.png

You can also watch Olympic Weight Lifting Maz, where the Men are Men and so are the Women.

And to think they want to eliminate baseball because of the steroids scandal

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Am I the only one who was annoyed by the way Usain Bolt ended that race and then carried himself afterwards? That was not classy at all. If he doesn't hotdog it up at the end, then he breaks the record by even more. I'm secretly hoping that he is on drugs though I suspect he's just a freak of nature.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Venus and Serena Williams quickly dispatch Medina Garrigues and Ruano Pascual in women's doubles tennis. No surprise there. The surprise is that the stadium looked to be about two-thirds empty! I know they've had trouble filling the stands for most events at these Games, but this was a gold medal final featuring two of the sport's biggest stars. Just the latest odd development in what is becoming the "WTF Olympics".

CCSLC signature.png

Venus and Serena Williams quickly dispatch Medina Garrigues and Ruano Pascual in women's doubles tennis. No surprise there. The surprise is that the stadium looked to be about two-thirds empty! I know they've had trouble filling the stands for most events at these Games, but this was a gold medal final featuring two of the sport's biggest stars. Just the latest odd development in what is becoming the "WTF Olympics".

Everybody was busy watching Phelps cure cancer by fusing all of his gold medals together into an antidote.

And to think they want to eliminate baseball because of the steroids scandal

They eliminated it because Cuba wins basically everytime.

So then eliminate Ping Pong because China wins everytime

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Am I the only one who was annoyed by the way Usain Bolt ended that race and then carried himself afterwards? That was not classy at all. If he doesn't hotdog it up at the end, then he breaks the record by even more. I'm secretly hoping that he is on drugs though I suspect he's just a freak of nature.

I know they weren't actually breathing fire, but this is classy?

2rqfy54.jpg

And you hope he's on drugs? What do you get from that?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2rqfy54.jpg

I have no real problem with Phelps or Bolt, but Bolt's race was not even finished when he began hot doging he could have even had a more amazing time.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

2rqfy54.jpg

I have no real problem with Phelps or Bolt, but Bolt's race was not even finished when he began hot doging he could have even had a more amazing time.

So you feel cheated?

All the guy needs to do is beat the 7 other runners. If he's got enough of a distance between he and the competitors to showboat before he crosses the finish line, more power to him......

2rqfy54.jpg

Considering how it was won, what was at stake for Phelps, and the comments made by the french beforehand, I dont think that was classless. If anything it was spur of the moment celebration. If the french hadnt mouthed off beforehand and the race was won by a wider margin, that would not have happened.

And while I dont share the loathing for Bolt and his celebration before the race even ended, I agree it wasnt the best thing to do.

oBIgzrL.png

2rqfy54.jpg

Even if that's isn't classy, what's it got to do with Usain Bolt? I never mentioned the US swimming relay, but I'm going to let it slide due to the fact that it was a team competition, an upset, a win over some brash swimmers, a celebration after the fact, and the way it ended makes the celebration completely warranted. Anyone would've reacted that way. Bolt however, is running in an individual event, he was favored to win, his celebration began before the race was over, and he completely showed up his competitors who really had nothing to say beforehand. He was not so far ahead that he could've tripped during his high stepping and still won so he chose the risk of being a hotdog over sealing the deal. I'm probably like a lot of people in that last night was the first time I saw Usain Bolt run and my first impression of him is one of a cocky ass hole. Not a great way to introduce yourself to the world in my opinion.

as far as hoping he's on drugs, I shouldn't have said that.

by the way, team handball is a really cool sport, I've learned.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived