The Thread of the Games of the XXIX Olympiad

Alphabet Man

I guess I like the Olympics more than I thought. I mean, it's the only time when I have the TV on for a couple of hours just to watch badminton, team handball, and volleyball.

Same here. The Olympics are a nice alternative for a couple weeks when there's typically nothing else on but mid-season baseball and preseason football. It's something that's not regularly shown on TV...might as well watch it. Hell, I got addicted to curling during the Turino Games back in 2006.

However, I won't watch any gymnastics events because I'm a man....

And I don''t let my gender determine the things I should and shouldn't like because I'm not a meathead.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's that crap on Kerri Walsh's shoulder?

Oh, and the ceremonies were awesome. The drums were the best thing in Olympic history. Bar none.

If I had to take a guess re: Walsh, I think it's a bandage of some sort.

EDIT: Thank you, NBC, yep, it's shoulder tape.

LvZYtbZ.png

Best opening ever, and London's will be better again. They all get better with the new technologies around.

Don't really like the Chinese alphabet..... Australia coming out third last..... and what the :censored: were we wearing?

Australia is green and gold, not :censored:ing blue.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Best opening ever, and London's will be better again. They all get better with the new technologies around.

Don't really like the Chinese alphabet..... Australia coming out third last..... and what the :censored: were we wearing?

Australia is green and gold, not :censored:ing blue.

The flag is blue. What's the problem? At least Brazil's flag has green and gold. :P

I saw, I came, I left.

Surprised that no one has bothered to bring this story up: Father of former olympian killed in Bejing

Locally, this story is receiving some attention. How is it being viewed nationally and internationally?

It has been getting some attention internationally. It does seem to me that it's a random attack.

It's getting plenty of attention...just not here. Why? Well, a myriad of reasons. 1) It's Saturday. Frankly, a lot of people don't even come to this place when they aren't at work during the week...they may have families, other jobs, lives, or no internet access even. There should be a swell of opinion on Monday. 2) It didn't happen here in the US. Look at the heinous, brutal bus attack in Canada a week and a half ago. How many posts were devoted to that...or should I ask how few? 3) It's not a happy story. There is so much crap getting thrown at us every day from so many angles, that this ain't a place I come for updates and commentary on the news of the day. I come here to talk :censored: on Brett Favre, argue with TNak, and pad my post count. I don't want the evils of the world to seep into my Creamery time.

Besides, the CCSLC is not a representative sample of the average, everyday folk. Most people here are passionate about sports design and aesthetics. How much of that do you see anywhere? Hell, most people here actually care about hockey. Like, only 0.14% of the US population can name more than two teams (I'm exaggerating, but you get the point), but up here, hockey is the greatest thing since sex and would be better than sex if it wasn't for the whole sex being needed for procreation thing.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Shhhhh...you're supposed to black that out. :P

Anyone think he's getting 8? I don't think he will, but I certainly hope he does. He pwn3d that race...and I hope it's only a preview of what's to come!

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Anyone think he's getting 8? I don't think he will, but I certainly hope he does. He pwn3d that race...and I hope it's only a preview of what's to come!

Well it aired already so I don't have to worry about ruining it for someone who wants to believe NBC shows everything live.

I don't think he will get 8 either. That is a lot of races to win plus I believe a couple of them are a relays which means you are depending on other people to win.

Well it aired already so I don't have to worry about ruining it for someone who wants to believe NBC shows everything live.

I don't think he will get 8 either. That is a lot of races to win plus I believe a couple of them are a relays which means you are depending on other people to win.

Well, the orgainising committee switched many, if not all, of the swimming finals to the morning so that it can be shown live ( or close to live) in American prime time.

I saw, I came, I left.

And I don''t let my gender determine the things I should and shouldn't like because I'm not a meathead.

Looks like someone's feelings got hurt....

I watch gymnastics. It's insane what those athletes can do. I'm a man also.

I guess I like the Olympics more than I thought. I mean, it's the only time when I have the TV on for a couple of hours just to watch badminton, team handball, and volleyball.

Same here. The Olympics are a nice alternative for a couple weeks when there's typically nothing else on but mid-season baseball and preseason football. It's something that's not regularly shown on TV...might as well watch it. Hell, I got addicted to curling during the Turino Games back in 2006.

And I don''t let my gender determine the things I should and shouldn't like because I'm not a meathead cliched redneck.

read the entire page, scrolled back up and fixed your post.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Gymnasts have the best asses...the ones above 18, I mean. Why wouldn't you watch?

I'm a brotha, I know ass.

Gymnasts have the best asses...the ones above 18, I mean. Why wouldn't you watch?

I'm a brotha, I know ass.

even the ones over 18 look like their 12.

Shame on you.

...and i'm white and have more than a fond obsession with the female ass.

Remember, brother, ass knows no color.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I don't really want to make this into a negative thread but I saw this picture on Digg and thought it was too powerful to pass up.

one-world.jpg

(I am not 100% sure if this picture is legit. Could easily be photoshopped)

I also wanted to say that those opening ceremonies were honestly stunning. I can't see how that will be topped for a while. Also, did anyone else get an almost intimidating feeling while watching some of the different acts during the ceremony. Maybe I am just a delusional American but seeing those drummers and the men doing Karate surrounding the children gave me a very intimating vibe. One thing is for sure, China is becoming a very defined super-power.

PopHeading-1.gif

I'm enjoying the Olympics a lot more than I thought I would. It always happens, I claim I don't care about them, but then I catch the fever. It helps that there are more live events on than I thought there would be, so long as you don't mind staying up late or getting up early.

Who cares if its the first day of school tomorrow, I'm going to watch the 100 meter breaststroke finals tonight at 10:30! My students will be fine!

Archived