Sign in to follow this  
Unwind

The Bank Gothic Witch Hunt

Following the success of the Copperplate Gothic thread, it's time to turn our attention to another font that seems to be around every corner: Bank Gothic.

I'll start us off with a few.

wm23logoSM.jpg

poster.i.robot.jpg

day_after_tomorrow.jpg

*Nevermind. After further viewing, beliece it was Euro and not Bank Gothic.

Another Will Smith flick...

hancock.png

mr0hxulwx96q3jgfzrug.gif

Back "B.S." ("Before Slug"), I remember reading a post on this forum saying the new wordmark would use a heavily modified Bank Gothic font.

Advanced Curveball in the arcade- nothing but Bank Gothic.

My own Oilers are guilty, as well as another WrestleMania...

edm_25.gif

wm2kmanual.gif

My own Oilers are guilty, as well as another WrestleMania...

edm_25.gif

wm2kmanual.gif

Actually they ended up just dropping the 2000 from the logo/name, so by the time the ppv came around, you never saw 2000.

wm2kmanual.gif

Actually they ended up just dropping the 2000 from the logo/name, so by the time the ppv came around, you never saw 2000.

Oh really?...

WWE.com disagrees. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/history/wm16/

Hmm, true, but I mean during the actual event it wasn't shown, of course it needs to be erferenced as wrestlemania 2000 (even tho 16 would be better) since just sayin wrestlemania sounds dumb.

Once again (as in the Copperplate Witch Hunt Thread), my hometown hockey team is guilty again.

This is from their previous iteration before the circle "P" in the other thread:

gyjyg2hfdoch9pioohn2.gif

Oh--and I don't know how many of you know anything about Ruth's Chris Steak House, but their menus--at least the ones in Pittsburgh--use Bank Gothic (which they have another name for) religiously.

wm2kmanual.gif

Oh really?...

WWE.com disagrees. http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/history/wm16/

Hmm, true, but I mean during the actual event it wasn't shown, of course it needs to be erferenced as wrestlemania 2000 (even tho 16 would be better) since just sayin wrestlemania sounds dumb.

Actually, I remember that PPV. The ring aprons had that very apron, plus they even had the "WWF WrestleMania 2000" N64 game with that very logo.