Anyone Think These Jerseys Would Offend Anyone?

philly97flyer

hi philly97flyer,

you´re using the german coat of arms for your jersey. there is now way, that anybody could be offended by the eagle, because it had nothing to do with the nazis. the swastika was the nazi coat of arms, and it has been and still is a symbol in buddism. but the their symbol is in an different angle.

but flyer, i´m german and i don´t think that "regime" is the right name for this logo. think about a german team with the us coat of arms and the name "regime". it´s your decision.

but, i really wanna see the german national team in this jersey, it´s nice!

as i mentioned i´m german, but i went as xchange to a high school in pennsylvania. renberg was my favorite player.

Will someone be offended by it?

Yes. Almost certainly.

But screw em. People who would take offense at that deserve to be offended.

It's nice. Use it.

I find it funny what some people are offended by these days...some thigs are so simple and harmless, but there are some people who will make a world of worry over it anyways

hi there, this is the german national jersey (there is another one, for tournaments with a sponsor "hasseröder" - thats a beer company).

iihf_deutschl_weiss.jpg

enjoy the game...

jpegregor

I like that one--

But

Does anyone remember the one they had for the Canada Cup--I know some of you are too young to remeber it unless you saw it somewhere else--but I can't find any sign of it anywhere--the 3 colours did a swoosh kind of thing from the bottom of the jersey and up--They looked great!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i found a picture of this jersey.

3e_1_b.jpg

but i can´t remember, that they played in a jersey like this.

it must be a fake replica. :therock:

enjoy the game...

jpegregor

That's not the one I'm talking about. I have a program form the Canada Cup that year--went to one of the games--but it doesn't have a picture in it of the German team.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

hi there,

i searched on several german hockey sites, but i didn´t found a picture of this jersey, but i just wrote an e-mail to the german hockey federation. maybe they can send me a pictures of older national jerseys.

enjoy the game...

jpegregor

Hey thanks--I've searched all over the net--only ever find text not pictures of germany's team--doesn't matter what search terms I use.

Yep nothing offensive there. The German nation today would not use the eagle as a symbol if it was connected to the Nazis. (They do everything they can to show how unnazi they are!)

On a kind of related theme, when you americans were decideing on a national bird, rather than the Eagle, Ben Franklin, the eccentric fool that he was, thought the turkey should be the US national bird!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

http://www.geocities.com/philly97flyer/regimeroller3.bmp.jpg

any of you find this offensive? our team name is the regime.

as a jew, i can say that u are in the clear. dosnt offend me one bit. as long as u dont use swastika or the hitler-era eagle then ur in the clear.

Archived