The HBCU Project

tBBP

With this set, I have designed an alternate set. Interesting to note: the school apparently got an orange alternate jersey this year...and wouldn't you know it...it's the Georgia Tech template. Though the school now has an orange alt, I couldn't really bring myself to do one for my concept (although I may still add the one I drafted and eliminated from the set at a later date). Instead...I went in an entirely different direction that I can't recall any other football team or any major sports team do (other than possibly the Charlotts Bobcats) and sought inspiration from another source. Remember reading about the school's legendary lacrosse team(s) up above? Well...THAT'S where I drew my inspiration for this alternate set from. I even went so far as to design a commemorative logo for this set. What I didn't mention back on the previous page is that Coach Silverman co-authored a book about those teams, titled Ten Bears; both the logo and the alternate set honor the memory and astounding accomplishments of the Morgan State Bears lacrosse teams of the '70s, in particular the untold story of "Ten Bears". I believe that is something that definitely should be honored and celebrated. The commemorative logo features a big number "10" (for "Ten" Bears, obviously), with two lacrosse sticks crossed behind it, with the heads of the sticks shaped like a football (sort of a "crossover" thing), and a ribbon across the front of all that with the years 1970-1981 on it, since the team was founded in 1970 and they played until 1981. The uniforms are based off those lacrosse uniforms the teams wore--which, if you remember, were themselves parts of donated football uniforms. (How's that for things coming full-circle)?

Here's the visual of my commemorative special set:

MSUstyleguideuniformpatch-1.png

MSUstyleguideuniforms3-1.png

And now...here is all of that in action view for you all to see:

MSUstyleguideaction-1.png

Overall, this may be one of my favorites out the whole series. Not that I don't do this with all my stuff, but especially with this one, I put a lot, and I do mean a LOT, of thought, time, and effort into this one here, which is why it's taken so long for me to post this (this was one of the first ones I started working on). So...now it's time to see how y'all out there is feeling about this here, so let me have it...

...holla at me!

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can definitely see why you like this one, B. I do kinda wish you'd rolled out an orange alt, but the Morgan set's pretty damn good without it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived