Appalachian Is Wearing Throwbacks

Thad

Appalachian State is wearing throwbacks on September 6 to celebrate Coach Jerry Moore's 20th season with the program.

GLWFOZXHTKQWYIV.20080807204000.jpg

http://www.goasu.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?ATCLI...mp;PALBID=21425

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Party on, Appy! Your coach deserves every bit of praise he gets (not only for the 3 straight FCS championships, but also for what got Appy State in the national spotlight last year).

bYhYmxh.png

GLWFOZXHTKQWYIV.20080807204000.jpg

So, so much better than what they have now. Reminds me a lot of the Denver Gold.

bjohnson.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like those a lot. However, my guess is that they weren't worn with black socks the first time around.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

So, so much better than what they have now. Reminds me a lot of the Denver Gold.

bjohnson.jpg

Hey, isn't that Craig "Ironhead" Heyward?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

"But Ironhead... aren't body washes for ladies?"

LOL - I had totally forgot about this!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

"But Ironhead... aren't body washes for ladies?"

LOL - I had totally forgot about this!

What a great commercial! My dad and I used to get outta that spot every time it came on.

RIP Ironhead :cry:

I know this was planned years back, but it's just really cool that the D1-A and 1-AA champs are meeting. It be great if every season opened with a matchup like that.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

These will be worn against Jacksonville, which didn't even have a football program the last time this design was used.

I can't understand why college football throwbacks are almost always worn against early-season cannon fodder (Purdue vs. Indiana State, Iowa vs. Kent State, and this year Illinois against Eastern Illinois) rather than more historically significant opponents.

IndianapolisSpeedsters.png

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures in Action:

YXLKZPAWFLWLXEJ.20080906234258.jpg

YCFIJEBNYFEETRT.20080906234252.jpg

ZCFDNYSLOXOFNXX.20080906234254.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived