Bell Canada new logo

DelayedPenalty

So I was watching the Olympic opening ceremonies this morning on CBC (sorry to those of you who have to wait til NBC shows it tonight!) and I saw a Bell Canada (telephone company) commercial, and noticed they have updated their logo

Old:

bellcanadalogo.gif

New (enlarged slightly from their website):

Picture1-1.png

They've followed the trend of simple sans serif logos, although it is similar to what they already had, minus the swoopy head dude.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I was watching the Olympic opening ceremonies this morning on CBC (sorry to those of you who have to wait til NBC shows it tonight!) and I saw a Bell Canada (telephone company) commercial, and noticed they have updated their logo

Old:

bellcanadalogo.gif

New (enlarged slightly from their website):

Picture1-1.png

They've followed the trend of simple sans serif logos, although it is similar to what they already had, minus the swoopy head dude.

Simply terrible. Huge downgrade

zzPEfBm.png

Bell's website has been updated as well, check it out.

I wonder what this will mean for the Bell Centre in Montreal!

After looking at the new sites (Bell Aliant and Bell Canada) with a clearer image I guess the uniformity across their various subsidiaries could grow on me. I noticed that the BCE website still has the old logo. Any word on whether this will change as well?

Edit: looks like it's just the BCE homepage one is now displayed as well. I'm going to pull the fastest 180 ever and retract my dislike of this change:

http://bce.ca/en/

zzPEfBm.png

My dad worked for Bell for 30 years. The "new" logo looks an awful lot like the "classic" logo I remember from the 70's and 80's...and I saw it alot back then. Maybe a bit slimmer in weight, but pretty close.

I think they're re-branding to the "good ole days".

Bell's website has been updated as well, check it out.

I wonder what this will mean for the Bell Centre in Montreal!

The Bell Center sign will be changed obviously. Honestly I don't mind the new logo. I never had anything against the old one, but at the same time I never cared about it either. I'm sure I'll get used to it rather quickly.

just saw a new bell commercial and noticed that logo. figured there would be a thread on here.

anyways. the logo isn't HORRIBLE. its just absolutely boring more than anything else. very conservative and uninspired.

just saw a new bell commercial and noticed that logo. figured there would be a thread on here.

anyways. the logo isn't HORRIBLE. its just absolutely boring more than anything else. very conservative and uninspired.

Well, remember before the now previous logo, Bell's logo was just in a different font.

booth.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

Well, remember before the now previous logo, Bell's logo was just in a different font.

booth.jpg

i get that, but mostly i was referring the whole new brand image. i was actually a fan of the beavers, and the "swirly silhouette" wasn't a bad logo.

take a look at their new website. it took four marketing agencies to come up with that? the whole "er" thing to me is just a total reach at a 'hip' image.

booth.jpg

i get that, but mostly i was referring the whole new brand image. i was actually a fan of the beavers, and the "swirly silhouette" wasn't a bad logo.

take a look at their new website. it took four marketing agencies to come up with that? the whole "er" thing to me is just a total reach at a 'hip' image.

I wasn't sold on the beavers, but at least they were effective because you know they were selling Bell. I think Bell is trying to emphasize blue more to contrast with Rogers red.

I saw, I came, I left.

While in Toronto yesterday I saw a bus already wrapped in the new brand, and billboards with the new brand but when I drove past the HQ the old sign was still hanging on the building.

Well, stands to reason, billboards are much easier to make than custom signs. I'm sure the new signs will be around soon enough.

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't live in Canada obviously, but the wordmark looks good IMO. Not great, not bad either. Just good. It's relatively clean and they needed a new look. The previous one was looking pretty dated.

The thing that would bring it from good to great IMO would be if they adjusted kerning between the B and the L. That way they'd keep the classic look that it looks like they are going for but the font would still give it a modern touch.

Brand New Article

I like the teasers. They're subtle, but I don't think they're too subtle.

What I still don't understand is what's with the ers in blue at the end of every word in their ads. What are they suppose to mean?

their whole new brand is trying to portray "bigger, better, faster", so they've emphasized the "er" in basically every ad.

laaame.

Archived