Clippers-- Worst Look In B-ball?

B-Rich

Josh I'm impresed, you remember those first drafts that I made for Clippers with new colors and new fonts. I forgot about those, I should dig them up, but I think this current font grew on me and I would love to see Clipps get a new logo but not to change the font on the unis, maybe just to update uni style.

nick, i love your sig!

Thank you sir.

I figure since the Rangers are never going to win the cup again, I'd be able to add a year to something, at least.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

didn't anyone see that outside the lines from a few years back. It was about the clippers and other franchises like it. They said that Donald Sterling doesn't get good players because you have to pay good players more, instead he gets the cheap guys and profits from attendance. The jerseys are an uninspired look for an uninspired franchise.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

That is trully sad. He shoudl really be amde to sell the team if he does not want to put money into to it, he does not need to own it.

There are pleanty of others who want a team and will be willing to make it good.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not to bump, but just a few final comments. Wanted some feedback and comments, and got 'em. From an unscientific count, it's probably about 60-40 on the Clips needing a change. I understand the posters who felt "less is more, and simplicity rules", and SyPhi had an accurate point when he noted that a few NBA teams had nameplates that did not match the logo font. However, I still think that is the exception rather than the rule, and while I can't argue with the some of the league's oldest teams and true "classic" franchises (Celtics and Knicks) being this way, I don't think it works with a team with such a short history in its current spot (20 years).

A few posters concurred and added points about the "Sterling as owner" issue, while others chimed in that the franchise should be elsewhere (Anaheim, San Diego, Buffalo).

But the neatest thing to come out of the thread was the designs by KC51, which I had never seen. Simply perfect, and something that would be a nice update. If they adopted one of those designs as a primary logo, and added that logo, say, to the unifom shorts, all would be better. It may not seem like much, but hey, we're talking basketball uniforms here, the smallest amount of room to work with, and little things (matching font for nameplate, a little logo acoutrement) would make a difference.

Good thread-- thanks for sharing.

It is what it is.

How does the NBA approve new logos for the NBA organizations? I heard through the grapevine that the NBA has it's own department who design all the logo for the NBA. Is this true? Do outsiders have a limited chance of getting a logo to be approved by the NBA?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

How does the NBA approve new logos for the NBA organizations? I heard through the grapevine that the NBA has it's own department who design all the logo for the NBA. Is this true? Do outsiders have a limited chance of getting a logo to be approved by the NBA?

I doubt it, leagues stopped that one after the Balitmore Ravens incident

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I doubt it, leagues stopped that one after the Balitmore Ravens incident

What happened? What it the leagues fault that the Ravens how so many logos?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived