NFL uniform change! tada!

GoDawgs08

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wonder what they'll do with the uniform after the move to the Los Angeles area?

Hahahaahahaha!

Glad you kept your sense of humor. You need it living in Jersey.

I live in PA, but thanks for playing.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Wonder what happened on 5-31-01?

Maybe it was the day he was cut by an NFL franchise that had a prayer of winning a Super Bowl?

The Jets didn't part ways with Abraham until 2006 ... not that he had a chance to win it all with New York to begin with. :P

6uXNWAo.png

I assume they did this so that the white pants would now better match with the white jersey,b ut now they don't match the home jersey. Don't like at all. Pretty soon we'll be looking at a gold and black only Jacksonville jaguars.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I assume they did this so that the white pants would now better match with the white jersey,b ut now they don't match the home jersey. Don't like at all. Pretty soon we'll be looking at a gold and black only Los Angeles jaguars.

Just sayin'.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

oh and I dont lnow if anyone else metioned this, but the new side stripes are actually switched vesions of of the originals they wore in the past.

the old pants matched the teal jerseys and the new 2008 pants seem to match the black jerseys.. :therock:

could this mean they could finally wear the black alternate jerseys with white pants?--I hope

oh and I dont lnow if anyone else metioned this, but the new side stripes are actually switched vesions of of the originals they wore in the past.

I think this was mentioned in the very first post of this thread.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Very subtle change but sheesh. I dunno the swap of colors make the stripe look ungodly huge to me.

A downgrade IMO.

It's not just the change in colors; the center black strip really is wider this year than in the past. In the previous set the black and teal stripes were equal-sized.

Someone mentioned that this was a reverse of their original stripes - it is similar in that the center stripe is wider than the outside stripes, but I think all the stripes except the thin gold ones are wider the originals. In fact, the new teal outer stripes seem to be the same width as last years stripes, and the center black stripe is enlarged.

You know I just realized that the stripes on these pants now match the stripes that were on the black pants a few years ago or are at least similar. Any word on whether or not we'll be seeing these stripes back on the black pants?

PvO6ZWJ.png

If they add stripes back to the black pants for consistency's sake, it will make this change worth it.

I don't mind it as much as I thought I would, since teal is still clearly there, unlike on the white jerseys where it is hard to see.

What happened to the rumor that the Jaguars were going to emphasize teal again? Based on the reactions here I take it that it was just a rumor.

If they add stripes back to the black pants for consistency's sake, it will make this change worth it.

I don't mind it as much as I thought I would, since teal is still clearly there, unlike on the white jerseys where it is hard to see.

What happened to the rumor that the Jaguars were going to emphasize teal again? Based on the reactions here I take it that it was just a rumor.

I really, really hope this means they will be adding stripes back to the black pants. They looked so much better with stripes. The stripeless pants they wear now are my least favorite pants in the entire league (tied with the Ravens' stripeless pants).

Gross:

jags_nostripe.jpg

Not perfect, but much better:

jags_stripe.jpg

Archived