Any Truth To Gonchar?

Brass

I've heard that Sergei Gonchar has been traded to the Boston Bruins for Ivan Huml, Jeff Jilsson, and some AHL players. Can anyone confirm this? I personnally am 2-way on it. Yeah, Gonchar is a great scorer and rare offensive defensemen, but Jilsson has a lot of potential and could evolve into something special. I did also hear that the Capitals want to form around Gonchar, but I've heard mix stories. Any have any info?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Rumours, both of them.

Gonchar is, as far as I know, still with the Caps.

Besides, aren't both packages a little much?

I mean, the Leafs will be giving up their second first-rounder in a row, and Antropov is doing well enough.

As for Colaiacovo, for the team's supposed future, he hasn't impressed me yet.

*Note: I didn't see him in the preseason.

Super Wario Comix!

Iron Crossover IX Contender (Tied for 6th)

Iron Crossover Halloween Contender (Tied for Bronze)

vanhalengo.png

That Bruins-Caps deal might still be on. There was a Capitals scout at the Lowell Lock Monsters-Providence Bruins game tonight, and he was diligently taking notes the whole time. Huml was on the roster sheet, but I can't remember if I saw him on the ice, maybe only in warmups.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, it looks like the Devils are now officially in the Gonchar sweepstakes. Slthough it was reported during the game that Devils defenseman Brian Raflski suffered a bruise to the leg in the Devs horrible game against the leafs, it is now being reported by tsn and sportsnet that it was a broken leg. He will be evaluted in NJ tomorrow. Although we will never know the results because the Devils don't tell about injuries (Stevens had the flu for about 3 weeks before the Devils admitted it was a concussion).

If this is true about Rafalski then the Devs will be down both defensemen of thier top pairing. This certainly means they will go after Gonchar.

Id love to see the Devils land Leetch, it seems that Staher may be willing to deal the Devils.

It will be funny listening to the Granden react to that one:lol:

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would hate the devils to get leetch. He is the worst defensemen. He's all offense and no defense. I want the devs to get some you can contirbute to the offense but is still solid on defense. Leetch is not solid on D. Plus I don't think the Rangers would be so stupid to trade him to a big time division rival.

Archived