Did Anybody Here See "the Passion?"

habsfannova

But isn't blaming children for the sins of their fathers an integral part of what we're trying to eliminate, and a big issue in this discussion?

An engaging discussion to be sure...

People may disagree with Tank's comment regarding Jesus' purpose on Earth, however this is an integral part of Christian theology, so ideally anti-Semitism as a result of Christians blaming Jews or Romans for the death of their Saviour isn't an issue, at least for the Christians I know.

Before I start, for the record, Romans aren't Semites, for another record, Arabs are.

I know that, simple typing error... it should've read "blaming Jews (or Romans for that matter)...", and has been edited to read as such now.

Isn't it interesting to think that Semites (originally Shemites, descendants of Noah's boy Shem) include both Jews and Arabs, and yet the term is used almost exclusively to describe Jews? Well, I thought it was interesting.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I start, for the record, Romans aren't Semites, for another record, Arabs are.

I know that, simple typing error... it should've read "blaming Jews (or Romans for that matter)...", and has been edited to read as such now.

Isn't it interesting to think that Semites (originally Shemites, descendants of Noah's boy Shem) include both Jews and Arabs, and yet the term is used almost exclusively to describe Jews? Well, I thought it was interesting.

Sorry if I came off snippy, looking at it now I feel like it sounded that way. Anywho, yeah, I find that interesting too. I heard about it at Hebrew school a bit ago. There can be Arab anti-Semites too, which I find somewhat funny :D .

Abbey.jpg

Archived