Columbus Catfish now Bowling Green Hot Rods

BallWonk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bowling Green Lebowskis

Bowling Green Dudes

Bowling Green Walter Sobchaks (they don't roll on Shabbas!)

How about those...

Mets?

Packers?

Rangers?

Knicks?

Titans?

Owner of the New York Night Owls 1999 champions in the All World Football League.

• 2 months later...
They HAVE to be either the Mammoths or the Cave Shrimp. Frankly, I don't see any other name working.

If you go through most possible combinations for the team's URL on Register.com, combine that with the knowledge that the new owners also own the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, and you'll see that only two of the finalists had URLs reserved (the others may have been squatted):

www.bowlinggreenhotrods.com

www.bowlinggreenmammoths.com

For what it's worth.

Cards.png

They HAVE to be either the Mammoths or the Cave Shrimp. Frankly, I don't see any other name working.

If you go through most possible combinations for the team's URL on Register.com, combine that with the knowledge that the new owners also own the New Hampshire Fisher Cats, and you'll see that only two of the finalists had URLs reserved (the others may have been squatted):

For what it's worth.

Gotta be the Mammoths, and as a Rays affiliate, I may get a cap.

For what it's worth.

Everyone that I've talked to that have cared anything about the name voting (mostly older folks) voted for Hot Rods. I've this sinking feeling that Hot Rods will be it. Boy oh boy.

I'll try to post up after the PC some pics of the event.

For what it's worth.

Everyone that I've talked to that have cared anything about the name voting (mostly older folks) voted for Hot Rods. I've this sinking feeling that Hot Rods will be it. Boy oh boy.

I'll try to post up after the PC some pics of the event.

If it is Hot Rods, you could always use this guy as the foundation of your identity, perhaps even a mascot -

andy_samberg_hot_rod_movie_image.jpg

**PA Announcer** "INTRODUCING....YOUR NEW BOWLING GREEN HOT RODS MASCOT....GIVE IT UP FOR ROOODDDD KIMBLE!!!"

**Rod Kimble** "WHO WANTS TO SEE ME DO A BIG-@$$ STUNT??!?!?!"

:P

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

For those too lazy to click:

Primary.jpg

Hot_Rods.jpg

1224707502-BG_LOGO.jpg

I like 'em (and if they were my initials, I'd grab that BG cap), but they don't hold a candle to the old Columbus Catfish identity. :(

aec0ac5001b5251e1fbde415ed9a7569.jpg

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

As much as I wasn't too excited about the Hot Rods name, the execution is PERFECT!

The tailpipe cap lettering and underscore is SWEET-all I wish is that the script matched the cap lettering.

But overall, I like it. Can't wait for them to play the Snappers & Timber Rattlers in 2010!

bYhYmxh.png

I can hear it now...over the PA, roaring sound effects of big @$$ motor revin'...and Darrell Waltrip screamin' "Boogity-Boogity-Boogity-Boogity, let's go racin', boys!!!"

Note to self, do not forget the earplugs next spring when you and the old man wander up i-65 to take in a game

RobbyBox2.jpg

Archived