Columbus Catfish now Bowling Green Hot Rods

BallWonk

Im still confused as to why the Lakewood NJ Blue Claws are in the South Atlantic League

Because realistically there is no other league to place them in. The team was relocated from N. Carolina I believe and had to remain in the Sally League.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seriously, I really wish they'd go to a 3-league Triple-A level. 10 teams per league would be fine, I think.

I think this will happen down the road to cut down on travel costs

Pacific Coast League

Albuquerque, Colorado Springs, Fresno, Las Vegas, Portland, Reno, Round Rock, Sacramento, Salt Lake, Tacoma,

International League

Buffalo, Charlotte, Durham, Gwinnett, Lehigh Valley, Norfolk, Pawtucket, Rochester, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Syracuse

Continental League or whatever you want to call it

Columbus, Indianapolis, Iowa, Louisville, Memphis, New Orleans, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Toledo

For this three league concept you could call the new league the American Association...wait...that sounds vaguely familiar...

RobbyBox2.jpg

Seriously, I really wish they'd go to a 3-league Triple-A level. 10 teams per league would be fine, I think.

I think this will happen down the road to cut down on travel costs

Pacific Coast League

Albuquerque, Colorado Springs, Fresno, Las Vegas, Portland, Reno, Round Rock, Sacramento, Salt Lake, Tacoma,

International League

Buffalo, Charlotte, Durham, Gwinnett, Lehigh Valley, Norfolk, Pawtucket, Rochester, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Syracuse

Continental League or whatever you want to call it

Columbus, Indianapolis, Iowa, Louisville, Memphis, New Orleans, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Toledo

For this three league concept you could call the new league the American Association...wait...that sounds vaguely familiar...

Problem is there's already an American Association. It's an indy league based in the midwest/southern US.

http://www.americanassociationbaseball.com/

On my way down to Nashville yesterday, I had the opportunity to stop by the ballpark. It looks like a good location to me. The neighborhood is kinda rough but with some revitaliztion it looks prime to be a ballpark village type area. Several years ago this team was the South Georgia Waves and were set to relocate to my old hometown of Evansville, IN until politics screwed it up and David Heller was forced to move to Columbus at the last minute. I thought it was only temporary but the Catfish were in the league for a few years. Good to see Bowling Green step up to the plate and get the deal done. I would like to see a bigger ballpark than 4,500 cap one.

I would like to see a bigger ballpark than 4,500 cap one.

It's bigger than 5 other MWL parks.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's bigger than 5 other MWL parks.

True. Being from the Mid-Atlantic region, I am used to slightly larger ballparks. The stadiums in York, PA and Waldorf, MD are considered to be small by Atlantic League standards, and the Eastern League doesn't possess any ballparks that small.

Union.png

Archived