Browns brown pants.

Elfman

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way.

I'm no believing it 'till I see it.

EDIT: (Here's the Article from ClevelandBrowns.com)

JCRIBBS.png

(btw, what is up with Josh Cribbs' giant facemask ^^)

Brown out

Steve King, Staff Writer

The Browns will wear brown pants for the first time in team history during Monday night's nationally-televised preseason game against the New York Giants at Giants Stadium.

The pants are the same color of "darker" brown that's on the plain socks the Browns have worn in recent seasons. They contain no stripes or markings.

They will be wearing those socks again on Monday, with their traditional white jerseys and orange helmets, and also the black shoes they started wearing again in 2006.

The team had the brown pants created as an option for their away uniform when they integrated the gray facemask in 2006. No final plans have been made as to whether or not the team will wear the pants for any other road game this year.

"I think the new brown pants and socks mixed with our traditional jersey and helmet is an exciting new look," Joshua Cribbs said. "It's exciting to experience any kind of 'first' with this storied franchise, and I'm proud to be a part of it."

Added linebacker Andra Davis, "During my career with the Browns, we have introduced several different uniform styles to honor the past, while we've also tried incorporating some new and different things. I like the look of the brown pants and socks, and I think that is the feeling throughout the locker room."

The Browns wore mostly white pants from the team's inception in 1946 through '74. There were some seasons in the early part of that period when the color was tweaked to silver -- at one time actually an official team color -- to create a contrast with the white footballs that were used in night games for a while.

In 1975, the Browns went to orange pants and stayed with those through '83, after which they went back to white. They have continued to wear white pants since then. However, they wore the orange pants again for special occasions in the first half of this decade.

The Browns will ask fans for feedback on the pants and socks through an online fan poll that will be posted Monday night.

I usually don't like when pants are the same color as the socks, but that is what they are doing.

Striped Socks, why not?

And this is interesting:

The Browns wore mostly white pants from the team's inception in 1946 through '74. There were some seasons in the early part of that period when the color was tweaked to silver -- at one time actually an official team color -- to create a contrast with the white footballs that were used in night games for a while.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I really hope that they don't do the monochrome look one day...so many poop jokes would arise from that.

But, as long as they do it with the white jersey, it actually looks pretty good.

I really hope that they don't do the monochrome look one day...so many poop jokes would arise from that.

But, as long as they do it with the white jersey, it actually looks pretty good.

I don't think all brown would look too bacd. I hope Bucco B doesn't mind me using this:

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think all brown would look too bacd. I hope Bucco B doesn't mind me using this:

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

you know, it really doesnt look bad at all

CLEbronsbrown.jpg

I stopped minding when it became all too obvious I wouldn't be able to stop anyone from using any of those photoshoped images I posted up in the Monochrome Madness thread...not that I ever intended to safeguard those, anyway. :P

BUT...this announcement does confirm one thing: FINALLY some team out there with rumored (read: available but as yet unseen) pants actually let the cat out the bag! I, for one (though I obviously won't be able to watch the game) am looking forward to seeing what this is going to look like in real life.

(Side note: I know the article mentions the pants don't have any kinds of markings on them, but either somebody did a loos crop job or photoshop job, or apparently those pants do have some kind of markings...study either hip area on Josh Cribbs...anyone see what I see? Could possibly be some type of--gasp--LOGO? Maybe it's just me...)

Okay, the Browns' brown pants are out...hey Jacksonville...it's your turn...let's see those teal pants that've long been rumored to be in your set!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

it's just the rbk vector on the right (viewers left) and the NFL equipment logo on the opposite side.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

it's just the rbk vector on the right (viewers left) and the NFL equipment logo on the opposite side.

I believe he means this (correct me if I'm wrong):

fgf.png

(The little white visibility seems to indicate a logo or striping type of some sort.)

And Bucco, I definitely see what you are seeing, and I hope to god it's not a logo, no logo would seem to go well with the uniform at all, unless it's brownie (or the <B> logo). But I would lovelovelove to see stripes on it.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I wouldn't mind this as much if the socks still had stripes. As it stands, this probably isn't going to look pretty.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Madden had them in brown pants the last couple of years, now madden scraps it and they decide to bust those out soon?

Keep the fingers crossed, that they add a stripe design, and avoid the "tights" and "leggings" style.

It's for the Madden conspiracists that will insist yet again that EA got the uniforms wrong. :D

sig1.gif

Wow... I thought I would never see the day. Maybe with a complete uniform overhaul... but, not this uniform style. I think it will look OK. I don't think it will look as strange since I'm used to seeing Orange helmet with brown and white. Yes, they will be flip flopped... but it may not seem that odd. I like the concept (above) with stripes, though. Being the Browns, the only thing I really want is for them to keep a plain helmet. To see them being a little creative or "different" with the uniforms doesn't phase me.

Seeing a team whose colors are orange and brown actually wear brown pants is not too far of a stretch. I think that's why Jacksonville's black pants never bothered me. The Jaguar logo is gold with black. The tongue is teal. Therefore to me, the teal never seemed totally right. With enough black jersied teams... teal jersies were a welcome sight and uniform design. Bengals are orange with black stripes. So, seeing them wear orange is OK in my book.

Archived