Favorite Snl Skit

Brass

Now we all know that SNL is probably the greatest comedy-skit t.v. show of all-time, and this skit is for people who watch it. What's your favorite skit. Mine would be Celebrity Jeopardy (did one for my school varity show) and Space: The Infiment Frontier with Harry Carey (Will Ferrell). Now is your turn to sound off!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Infinite universe is golden... Operaman always made me laugh... Scmitts Gay was on of the best commercial spoofs they ever did... and i havent found a celebrity jeopardy i didnt like...

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I've been watching SNL since 1978 so I'm dividing my choices up into 3 categories --

Original Cast Era - Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute (Dan Ackroyd)

The 80's - "Prose and Cons" - the mock news feature that featured inmate Tyrone Green (Eddiie Murphy) reading his poem "Kill My Landlord"

The Tim Meadows Era through the present - The celebrity Jeopardy skits.

for newer shows, I like MAD TV more. However, nothing beats the older SNL's.

Not sure when it was done cuz' I saw it on Comedy Central, but one of my favorite is Ray Romano doing Sportscenter.

Another good one was the Chipendale's dancer one with Farley and -- dunno how to spell his last name.

IUe6Hvh.png

My favorite the one-time skit, "Wake Up and Smile", with Will Ferrell, Nancy Walls, and guest star, David Alan Grier. It was about a daytime talk show. The teleprompter breaks, and they all go crazy. They think that they're gonna die. They act like they are on deserted island. Will Ferrell decapitates David Alan Grier and starts eating his head.

"Don't panic! If we panic, we die!"

Now when he was a young man he never thought he'd see (King Tut)

People stand in line to see the boy king (King Tut)

How'd you get so funky (funky Tut)

Then you'd do the monkey

(Born in Arizona moved to Babylonia King Tut)

Now if I'd known the line would form to see him (King Tut)

I'd take up all my money and buy me a museum (King Tut)

Buried with a donkey (funky Tut)

He's my favorite honky

(Born in Arizona moved to Babylonia King Tut)....

Thats a personal favourite

B)

Oh and another thing, I personally enjoy the ol' SCTV episodes and of course Kids in the Hall more then SNL. I was practically raised with those tv shows (parents big fans so well I would watch it too and never really appreciated it till about now) whether it was on tapes or reruns on it. God bless those Canucks! :flagcanada:

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

Not sure when it was done cuz' I saw it on Comedy Central, but one of my favorite is Ray Romano doing Sportscenter.

SWEET SASSY MOLASSY! :D

That was a good one.

Unimaniac, that broken-teleprompter skit was very funny...

Some of my personal favourites include (some have been mentioned):

Jim Carrey as the Lifeguard

Any Celebrity Jeopardy (although a little too crude)

Burner vs. Zinger

Da Bears guys (especially the one discussing the Mini-Bears, but not Mini-Ditka)

Weekend Update is also a highlight. I find neither Jimmy Fallon nor Tina Fey particularly funny, but the segment fits them well, the writing is usually good, and they often have some funny extra (like Jimmy Fallon mocking a singer, that aboriginal comedian guy, and sometimes really absurd things like, say, Gay Speedskating Hitler)

One of my least favourite that pops up almost every month is Donatella Versace... Maya Rudolph is funny, but that shtick has been done to death.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Da Bears guys (especially the one discussing the Mini-Bears, but not Mini-Ditka)

that reminds me...

who would win... Ditka or a Hurricane...

but what if it was called Hurricane Ditka

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I have not really watched SNL in a while too me its just not as good as it used to be.

I like when they show the orginal era shows sometimes like 3AM on Saturdays, they were great back then.

The Eddie Murphy era was funny too with Mr. Robinsons Neighboorhood, and Buckwheat.

I also like the Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman years.

The Anal Retentive Chef was a classic bit.

and of course Weekend Update is always the highlight of the show, the two they have on now are annoying which is why I dont watch it I guess, the best WU anchor of all-time without a doubt is Dennis Miller.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

having been to chicago, and also having been to the 49ers game this year against the bears and having four bears fans sitting behind me there,....

that SNL skit aint no joke. Its real! Chicago sports fans are really like that!

Archived