WBS Penguins unveil new 3rd

Sodboy13

Not bad, it's just... so very bandwagon.

081808_Bis.jpg

Jeebus, does everyone now feel the need to have a collegiate-style wordmark jersey? To me that just makes the part in the story where the team president calls the look "a unique lettering and numbering pattern" hysterical.

That said, the double-blue look is done well here, and this jersey benefits greatly from the absence of that 'roided-up Baby Penguin.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like it. It's has an old school feel, it has botton stripes, good choice of colors...well put together.

Jeebus, does everyone now feel the need to have a collegiate-style wordmark jersey?

Collegiate style wordmarks is the current trend in hockey. Remember in the 03-04 NHL season, half the league had a lace-up collar. Even extremely modern designs had the laces. In two years or so, something else will become incredibly repetitive in it's place. I don't mind the wordmarks as long as they look good.

Epic fail.

1. Its this old pens jersey:

Penguins8.gif

No originality whatsoever. The baby pens have a history of simply putting their logo on old pens jerseys, and this is no different.

2. Its another darn wordmark/number design. Barely even belongs in college, IMO. Its usually a boring design, almost lazy. Occasionally youll get the rare good one, but this is not it at all. Its becoming a bad trend...more unoriginality.

3. I understand why youd have the pens logo on the shoulders, but it looks bad here. Is it really nessicary? Im not familiar with minor league hockey...do other teams do that?

4. They shouldve kept the gold ones instead.

I know the NHL pens are using an old blue alt now that doesnt match their regulars at all, but at least that jersey, at one point, was actually theirs. I know theyre a minor league team, but this is the same thing theyve been doing for years now, only worse.

oBIgzrL.png

Even by hockey standards that looks bad. The gold one a couple posts up is sweet though.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Has any team in the history of hockey averaged more changes to their jerseys annually than the WBS Pens?

Even when they stuck with the same jersey their first four seasons they had different trim colors and outline or drop shadow treatments.

They've had more changes in their brief history than Montreal and Detroit with 175 years combined.

Its Just Too Much. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Kinda reminds me of this

bu_p_macarthur.jpg

Sucks to BU.

Go Eagles.

That is all.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Kinda reminds me of this

bu_p_macarthur.jpg

Sucks to BU.

Go Eagles.

That is all.

Except that the BU sweaters actually look good. :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Kinda reminds me of this

bu_p_macarthur.jpg

Sucks to BU.

Go Eagles.

That is all.

The Red Wings Jerseys have always been a fine-looking sweater.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Its Just Too Much. :mad:

Coincidentally, that's what the Baby Pens found themselves saying during this past season's finals. :)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Kinda reminds me of this

bu_p_macarthur.jpg

Sucks to BU.

Go Eagles.

That is all.

The Red Wings Jerseys have always been a fine-looking sweater.

Actually the BU Red jersey is different than the red Red Wings sweater, (and I mean apart form having different logos and such).

3. I understand why youd have the pens logo on the shoulders, but it looks bad here. Is it really nessicary? Im not familiar with minor league hockey...do other teams do that?

I don't know if it is required, but it usually happens.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived