Phillies Retro Night

BBTV

I always dug that look for them. I demand that Chase Utley be required to wear Pete Rose's haircut from that era.

Well if you demand it, I'm certain it will happen.

BTW - Rose only played one season in the '70s, so I doubt much will be made of him tomorrow night. Besides that, it would be more appropriate for Ryan Howard to don the wig.

I don't care who wears the wig, but I wanna see somebody in that pageboy-haircut-from-hell Pete Rose was rockin' in the early 80s. It looked like he glued the bottom of an Afro wig to his hat and straightened it.

Guarantee, if Ryan Howard wears that thing, he hits for the cycle.

The only way Ryan Howard hits for the cycle is if he its a single, double, and two homers - and just stops at third on one of them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go ahead Phiadelphia fans -- Here's a chance to boo your own team...

:rolleyes:

No I don't.. B.. Not at all.. Bo.. I don't even care that they're not wearing throwbacks... BOOOOO!

:D

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Go ahead Philadelphia fans -- Here's a chance to boo your own team...

Hilarious. I swear Ive never heard that before. So clever man. Glad to see ESPN and the national media has made you form such an intelligent opinion.

At least he didn't bring up the most overblown booing incident in the history of Philadelphia sports that everyone always brings up when they can't think of anything legit to throw into the argument.

Sorry for the false alarm, everyone. I was duped. You should be watching the birds anyway.

IBTL?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Phillies will be wearing their '70s crap on Friday night.

Discuss.

Ummmm.. no they won't. A**hole.

And theyre definately not wearing them tonight. How can you have a 70's retro theme night and not wear throwbacks? Makes no sense.

Oh, I don't know. Why don't you ask the Arizona Diamondbacks who did this earlier this year. I'm going to take a guess and say that this is a league thing. Why? Because I swear it's like the third or fourth team I've seen do this. I actually went to the Angels-White Sox game in May and the graphics that each team uses is exactly the same. At least the Angels wore their 1971 uniforms and gave away 1971 replica caps. If you're not going to wear appropriate uniforms and/or give something away for this, then don't do it! To both Arizona and Philadelphia, may both your franchises be cursed and never win another World Series until you fix this wrong! :cursing:

Hilarious. I swear Ive never heard that before. So clever man. Glad to see ESPN and the national media has made you form such an intelligent opinion.

At least he didn't bring up the most overblown booing incident in the history of Philadelphia sports that everyone always brings up when they can't think of anything legit to throw into the argument.

I'm almost afraid to ask, but are you referring to the Michael Irvin or Santa Claus incident?

6uXNWAo.png

I'm almost afraid to ask, but are you referring to the Michael Irvin or Santa Claus incident?

Michael Irvin was recent enough that we all saw it, live or on tape. It's hard to overblow something when there's that much visual evidence.

As for the Santa thing, I feel sorry for anyone who is wound so tight that they can't appreciate the humor in booing and throwing things at a skinny-drunk idiot pretending to be Santa Claus. Of course, I wasn't there, and 99.9% of idiots who keep bringing it up weren't there either, so they have no idea what they're talking about.

Well, I might have been angry at them for not wearing throwbacks but at least they finally scored more than 5 runs and they won so I can live with that. And it looked like it was a fun night for the fans, including the jumbotron pictures of the players.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Cubs do a '70s night every year with no throwbacks. I did my part and wore mine this year -- it was the night of the "tornado delay."

I love the idea of the Cubs having a 70's night even though they didn't even have lights until '88.

Yeah, it should be some sort of divide-by-zero cataclysm that makes the entire Great Lakes region get sucked into a black hole.

If that happens, then the Phillies get the wild card, right?

2 pages and no pictures to speak of. :blink:

Pictures of what? Their crappy faux-retro / current uniforms?

Here you go:

greg%20dobbs.jpg

Archived