New Buffalo Hockey Teams Logo

kwk63

Damn I wish I was clued on in this whole thing sooner, I would have loved to throw down some concepts.

Both logos look good in the "professional" sense, but they both suck conceptually. The blast logo has nothing identifiable about it .. its a phantom ghost cloud thing with a stick ... oooooo, and the stampede is a buffalo with a humongous frontal lobe and a stick .... thats very original. Even both of the names half suck in my opinion. Buffalo Blast sounds like a name a 6 year old would come up with, and the Buffalo Stampede has been done, and it makes yet another reference to buffalo as an animal.

On a sidenote ... I think one of my favorite Buffalo logos of all time was the Buffalo Stallions ... not because of the execution of it, but because it was so refreshing to see something without a buffalo as the main concept. The Buffalo Braves had a solid mark, however their primary, should have been a secondary, but whatever, it was the 70s.

nitro ... Orlando Blast isnt even comparable .. thats not a bad name at all ... but when you use the B illiteration there .. it sounds like a third grade dodgeball team. Buffalo Blast, come on now ... its like Jefferson Jump, Washington Whomp, Charleston Chew.

I'd say that the Buffalo Blast is the better name; most logos that are in existence that represent Buffalo have a Buffalo within them. It would be nice to see a change. The logo could be polished or changed a bit to fit a snowy theme of Buffalo (avoid the GB Blizzard template if possible).

Blah blah logos in Buffalo shouldn't ever have Buffalo in them blah blah blah...

I like the Stampede logo. Get this, it's of a stampeding buffalo. Imagine that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It appears that the time for submitting logo ideas is NOT over. This afternoon I emailed Joe Kolodziej asking if they were still accepting submissions, and he said yes. He said that these two logos are only concepts and if I (and you all) still want to submit I can. No indication of a cut-off date, though.

And to comment on what they have posted- I agree with js. The logos look professional in their craftsmanship, but conceptually they need some more investigation. Of the two I prefer the Stampede- it looks like a logo I am considereing submitting, but that buffalo-creature they have there doens;t look buck like a buffalo. And I like the stampeding buffalo idea, though I would think more than one buffalo does a stampede make.

Archived