EPL

JRH1991

Coventry was a decent, hardworking team when I started watching the highlights on TV, as was Norwich.

"Aston Villa" was also a cool sounding name. Then I learned later that they were "The Vandals". Extra cool.

"Villians," actually.

I definitely was attracted to Norwich's passing style of play when they were in the Prem. Obviously, it wasn't the most effective, but it was attractive. I didn't actively choose them, I just realized that I was cheering them on when they scored against ManUre, and gave in.

Of course, I then had to go see them in person:

103051209_36a0e15447.jpg

I admit, I have a soft spot for Norwich City, esp. since I cannot stand the Tractor Boys. And Delia seems like a demented mad chairwoman.

I still think Nigel Worthington got a raw deal there.

Well, since you're on a sports logos board, is it bad to tell you to look at which team has the best kits (uniforms) or crest (logo)?

Really, just watch teams play, you'll grow to like certain teams. Of course I'm going to suggest Arsenal since they're my club. If you like a team passes it beautifully, give and gos every which way, and really builds up passing in order to score, go with the Gunners. Hmm, how should I put this...it's kind of like the West Coast Offense (american football) of soccer. Quick passes and short gains that ultimately lead up to a great team goal. Of course they play the long ball as well into space as good as anyone. "Small ball" in a way.

EDIT: Instead of just trying to explain it really poorly, just watch this video. There's plenty of Arsenals beauty all around the youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7V3a_4V_6dg&eurl

play starts at 1:30

Even better video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdt8XzsxpgU...feature=related

I was just going to post that video. No other team in the EPL can say they've scored breathtaking goals on a regular basis such as this.

My choice of Arsenal was pretty much all about timing. I just started following the Premiership a couple of years ago in 2006, which happened to be the year that Emirates Stadium opened. Also I met my brother-in-law's father for the first time that year (both hail from London); my brother-in-law doesn't follow football very much but his dad is a big-time Gooner. The team's distinctive overall look, and especially their crest, are what sealed the deal. Later I found out the origin of the Arsenal name, which as it turns out is quite similar to that of my beloved Green Bay Packers, so that was a bonus.

List of celebrity Gooners

CCSLC signature.png

Damnit, I hate when Brian has to correct me. ;)

Ferrous, we may not agree on much design-wise, but in this thread, we're pretty much eye-to-eye. Well, except for the Worthington thing. It was time for him to go, but the club's troubles are much deeper than their recent managers.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived