Buffalo Pro Hockey

buffaloprohockey

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one last try at this before the deadline is here. Looking at the comments I got for my previous Blast concept, I agreed that it felt too much like a Houston team. So, I did a little research. Apparently during the Civil War, an infantry division from the Buffalo area was sent of to protect Baltimore where they became an artillery division. Cannons shoot, and I figured that is as close to a blast as I am going to get. So I made this new concept up. I'm not from Buffalo, but I have been going to school about an hour away for the past four years, and from what I have seen, western New York is very patriotic. I think this concept would be appropriate.

To those of you who would rather there not be buffaloes in every logo, though those logos already proposed are fantastic, here is a concept without one.

soldier_blast_5.jpg

thanks for that last one Obiwantok. i'm from Buffalo and i really wish Joe doesn't pick a logo with a Buffalo on it. We already have 3 teams from buffalo that have Buffalos as the logo. that really has to stop. along with the red and black color schemes. nice touch with the civil war logo. (oh, by the way, the division that was sent into battle from buffalo was the 88th New York. the second largest Irish infantry in the Union; with the first being the "fighting 69th")

one thing i would like to tell all you "logo pros" is that buffalo has a large irish background, myself included. it would be sweet if you'd incorperate some green into the logos. green is a color lacking from most other pro jerseys and would have a welcome home in Buffalo.

thanks for helping us out.

:D obiwantok

Great logo - I like the "civil war" theme and ties into Buffalo (city) and their role in the war - nice Work!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Man, I can't believe how far this post manages to fall. I mean, it still is up in the air and a real shot for all of us.

I have been working and working on my concept and don't know if I am happy with my progress. Before we get to that though, Ro Ro's is coming along quite nicely. I hope you have time to finish before Friday cause it is showing potential.

The civil war one by Obiwan has merit too. My advice, focus more on the blast...there is a lot of imagery in that logo and none of it takes command of the viewers gaze. The soldier is so detailed and full of motion that he bogarts the blast aspect.

Anyway, I know I've gotten some thumbs up on the rambling stampeding bison I've put forth.......and thats cool. Something is just buggin me about it and I dont know what it is. So I give you this version..which is considerably simpler, but I think it works ok.

Thoughts? EDIT: That should say "home" jersey of course. Wrong layer turned on there. Ooops.

thirteen.jpg

I really need to step away from this one................again, before my head explodes, so if anyone is feeling inspired but not particularly drawing inclined. I'll help out if I can. Just lemme know. Four days guys. Lets go!

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Joe's gonna have a lot of high quality and diverse pieces to choose from. He's getting max effort from all of us designers and from posters who have been helping us with extremely useful feedback. I'd like to thank everyone for pushing us designers along during this process.

Looking forward to seeing the final pieces from everyone. Sterling, that last buffalo looks awfully familiar but i can't put my finger on it. :D

Rozilla that isn't the logo. You must change your design. I couldn't find it anywhere online. I don't think Joe or you or anyone wants to be in court. Your logo of buffalo is practically their logo. Don't be stupid. I see it all over the place in Buffalo and they will sue. So don't be stupid.

Why not take a picture of it, and post it, so we can tell how similar it is? I've looked all over the web for Buffalo logos and I can't find anything similar to what Rozilla has done. If it truly is similar, it's great to let him know, but to basically demand he change his logo and telling him to "not be stupid" without any proof just seems a little rude.

I want him to change it because I want my logo to win, it's that simple. You all have see my work and the logo I submitted. Not I didn't submit a logo nor will I. I warned you if you win.

Your logo also looks similar to the Buffalo Destroyers Alt Logo from what I can remember, I haven't seen it in 2 years thou

Rozilla that isn't the logo. You must change your design. I couldn't find it anywhere online. I don't think Joe or you or anyone wants to be in court. Your logo of buffalo is practically their logo. Don't be stupid. I see it all over the place in Buffalo and they will sue. So don't be stupid.

Assuming that notorious has only the best of intentions, and I am willing to believe that. I still wouldn't worry about it. This logo evades all of our google searches and is "so" prevalent that no one can find it to compare it to anything. One could hardly argue that Ro knowingly copied something if no one outside the city limits has ever seen it.

Plus, considering that we are talking Buffalo, NY , there is probably an abundance of bison imagery all over town on every business from cafes, to radio stations, gas stations, and pharmacies, not to mention all their sports teams. You'd have to come up with something pretty darn unique and be pretty blatant in your usage I should think to be sued in Buffalo for using a buffalo.

Plus, again, for the sake of argument. Lets assume this warning is very accurate and the city council or whomever is using a icon that is the same colors, shape and depicts a buffalo leaping. Does it really hold a stick too? Is theirs frozen over with icicles hanging from it? Probably not. Plus add the custom wordmark and it's likely evident to anyone that both images are unique, if similar.

It's certainly not your responsibility notorious...but would you be willing to snap a digital pic of it downtown before Friday? Put this to rest?

Is this the Destroyers alt?

flyingbull.gif

Again, hardly similar in my opinion IF this is it.

Plus, again, for arguments sake, lets assume we are talking about something spookily similar yet to be posted here. Fine.

We still have all witnessed first hand Ro's creation as he posted every step of his process online. I refuse to believe that Ro found an unfindable municipal logo that he knew was "perfect" and proceeded on a long and winding road of posting fake developmental versions of this logo until he finally arrived at this finished stage, having successfully duped us all.

Not trying to get on your case notorious. Looking out for one another is great and helpful and communal and ......... what this is all about. It's all good. But this is not close to the out and out stolen work way back on page 1 of this thread.

Archived