Buffalo Pro Hockey

buffaloprohockey

Congratulations, Sterling! Quite an accomplishment... and incredibly deserving. What a rush, huh? Now there will be (at least) TWO minor-professional hockey teams sporting a Sterling84-designed logo this coming season.

Kudos as well to all of the other CCSL Board regulars who threw their hats into the ring in this process. It's a tremendous accomplishment for ALL involved, as you inspired each other to terrific heights.

Brian in Boston

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what this means. It could be nothing. I hate to be the (potential) bearer of bad news. I just thought that we should all know about this.

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2004/...onal/news05.txt

i read the article this morning and i decided not to comment on it.....i still won't comment on it and let joe explain if he feels it is necessary.

I don't know what this means. It could be nothing. I hate to be the (potential) bearer of bad news. I just thought that we should all know about this.

http://www.petoskeynews.com/articles/2004/...onal/news05.txt

i read the article this morning and i decided not to comment on it.....i still won't comment on it and let joe explain if he feels it is necessary.

we know its him. if anyone douts that its the same joe, then take a look at the first post on the first page. chris, please lock this, as we now know its a scam.

Hey, hey hey... there's no need to lock the thread.

The guy's been accused of having engaged in some illegal activity. Maybe it's all a misunderstanding and he's innocent. Perhaps it is true and he's in the process of making restitution and putting said activity behind him. Or, it could be true and this WILL all turn out to have been a scam. Let's see how it all plays out, shall we.

Sterling's design has been chosen. Let's see whether or not the press conference comes to pass. Let's see whether or not Sterling receives the aforementioned compensation. If it doesn't pan out, the posts on this board - along with their date and time stamps - will serve as a VERY PUBLIC record of what has transpired. At the very least, Sterling will still have a completed logo that could be submitted to another client in the future.

Brian in Boston

My thoughts exactly BIB... dont get me wrong i hope that we didnt get hoodwinked but to condemn him and say this is a sham before the aforementioned announcement would be jumping the gun....

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

I agree. Let things go. If we were all impeached for our transgressions on here, a LOT of us would be in big trouble.

Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. Does any of that mean he isn't responsible for the logos for his team, and perhaps a large influence in the league? I'd say no.

Worst comes to worse, we (we=sterling and roz) did some cool designs and they don't get used. So?

Although, I AM curious...

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

imagine my suprise as i somehow missed this thread until today, and have read the entire piece over the past hour.

First off, let me echo that the stuff submitted was amazing, some of the best, if not the best ive seen on this fine board, well deserved Sterling.

Your stuff is what mine will hopefully look like some day soon. You Too Ro.

Seeing this whole thread at once, then seeing that article really makes it like a movie. I suggest someone read the whole thing presupposing you havent followed along with it. Quite interesting, i was completely engulfed with what was going to happen, then the fraud charges...unbelieveable.

Hopefully its not a scam, but i honestly thought that as my first impression when i heard it, but for all involved, i hope im just being paranoid.

Id be happy to get involved if it goes further.

Congrats, Sterling! Logo #2 hopefully on the market.

I really do hope that Joe can explain himself. However, it appears that most of that stuff happened last week (didn't the article list an arraignment date of last Thursday?) And Joe has replied on the board after that, so maybe he figures most of us know already.

Either way, he does owe everyone an explanation, and while I am not calling him guilty without hearing all the facts, I would be very hesitant about progressing with further designs until we are all more sure that the designs reach their intended targets. So maybe waiting until Tuesday (after the press conference at the Sabres game) would be in our best interests.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Just saw your win Sterling and had to tip my hat to you. Congratulations on your design. Excellent work and the win was well deserved.

i agree. all ur logos were wicked. same goes to rozilla. maby this thread should be pinned so if it...

1) turns out to be a scam, we dont have to go looking for it (alough it would be on the first two pages, but still).

2) it is a real team. then we need quick access to the thread to prove that sterling desighned the logo. even if it all was real, givin joe's history, i have a feeling, if the team is real, then he will try a pull a "baltimore ravens" on sterling.

has anyone noticed that joe hasnt been back since that story was posted?

Archived